or Connect

Posts by graxspoo

It's true that compared to iPads, iPhones and even iMacs, Mac Pros make up a very very small part of Apple's profits. However, it is some of the most ardent Apple supporters and developers that need and use Mac Pros on a day to day basis. One possible upgrade would be to keep the same case rev the motherboard: new CPU, faster bus, thunderbolt connecter on the back. This is an attractive option, because it would take minimal effort on their part, keep sales chugging...
First of all the ads are doctored. They say as much in the fine print. Secondly, who promotes a flag-ship product based on a feature that is 'beta?' That is just asking for trouble. It sends a mixed message "It's great! (it's still not quite working)." They don't say Siri is in beta in the ads. While, yes, people who are unhappy with Siri could maybe just return the phone, I'm glad that Apple is going to have its feet held to the fire a little on this. Companies...
I for one, have zero use for Twitter, but use Facebook all the time, so I would much prefer FB sharing integrated into the OS. Someone who enjoys spewing bile around, of course wants a "dislike" button. And, this is EXACTLY why FB doesn't have one. Why make it easy for people to express negativity? If you have nothing nice to say, just move on, or if you really feel the need to comment, actually form sentences.
Apple, don't be stupid!!! You may not sell a lot of Mac Pros, but guess who's buying them: >>> DEVELOPERS. And HIGH END USERS <<<< Both of these groups are important to keep happy for the health and well-being of the Mac ecosystem. What are we supposed to build Mac apps on, iPhones? Personally, I'd be fine with a less-nice case. I just want expandability and lots of fast CPUs. Or, let us boot Mac OS on generic PC hardware. That would be fine. Maybe you could...
Nope. I'm still using a 1st Gen iPhone because everyone I know that has an iPhone 3G, 3Gs or 4 has to recharge at least once a day. They may say 200 or 300 hours of standby, but apparently once they added the multitasking features into the OS they lost the ability to tightly control the battery drain they way they did in earlier versions. I've heard many stories of mystery power drains, especially with the iPhone 4. Similarly my friend who has an iPhone 4 can't figure out...
Yes, that wouldn't have gone over too well either. I wish they had come out with a brand new chip (A6?) that gave the iPhone a speed boost but actually improved battery life rather than reducing it... Or if they had done a better job of power cycling the two cores so it didn't reduce battery life. It's really a shame that standby is reduced because you would think they'd be able to completely shut down one core in that case.
I almost never use the iPhone as a phone, so I don't care about talk times. I do however, really like being able to go all weekend without needing to recharge. I am not playing games on the thing all day, and just want to be able to check my email, surf the web a little and that's about it. So, standby time is important to me.
Exactly. When I saw the iPad 2, I really wanted to get one, even though I had been skeptical of how useful it would be. All the little improvements really added up to a fantastic upgrade compared to the iPad 1. Little things like the way the smart cover automatically puts it to sleep, and acts as a stand. You can tell they really put some heart and soul into the iPad 2 upgrade. This iPhone 4s upgrade seems like they're running out of ideas and just kind of punted. I'd...
A5 processor = fuel hungry engine. 1/3 less standby time compared to iPhone 4. iPhone 4 case = twice as likely to shatter when dropped because of glass back.
OK, here's an extension of the car metaphor: "We gave you a more powerful engine, even though the old engine was pretty much good enough, and now you get 1/3 less MPG, even when you're just driving around town. We strapped this new fuel hungry engine into the same body as last year; the one that is twice as likely to explode on impact compared to the body design from two years back."Not in the tech world. In the tech world slow and steady gets your arse handed to you.