or Connect

Posts by graxspoo

You're right. It's not the same as the old model. It has worse battery life. I'm still using a first generation iPhone. It lasts all weekend on a charge. I'm not sure any of the newer models would do that for me, and this thing is 4 years old. Every time an update has been announced I've been like 'meh.' I was really hoping this would be the update that would have enough goodies to pry my hands off the old trusty, almost rusty, first gen. No such luck. \
Sure would be nice to be able to post a page to my FB profile directly from Safari or YouTube. It would be nice to be able to upload photos directly from the camera app. That's not asking a lot, really.
Here's what I would have liked to have seen: Non-glass back Edge-to-edge screen (either bigger screen,or smaller overall) Non-exposed antenna Better battery life Turn by turn GPS with real time updated traffic NFC with wallet features Facebook integration QR code integration I don't actually care about the camera or the processor speed, so this phone isn't for me. The iCloud stuff is cool, so maybe I'll get an iPhone 4, or wait until the next one, which probably will...
My guess would be the faster processor. CPU cycles aren't free.
Did anyone notice that the standby time has dropped from 300 hours for the iPhone 4, to 200 hours for the iPhone 4s? I guess the 's' stands for suck, as in 'sucks the battery.' For me, not needing to recharge frequently is way more important than being able to have my phone take dictation... and when Apple starts using voice features to sell updates... Anyone talking to their cellphone or their computer looks like a dork, and I'll leave it at that. Remember that 'my...
Yes, but I doubt they can actually type 60 wpm. Impressive for two fingered typing though.Actually, you just proved my point. Better keyboard layouts (like Dvorak) have been around for decades. QWERTY is inferior to almost any other keyboard layout you can imagine (it was designed to slow you down), yet it has persisted through massive technological shifts, and will continue to persist.
I like your ideas, but maybe you've noticed: We're all still using QWERTY keyboards. Even the iPad has a QWERTY keyboard! This keyboard arrangement was designed to slow typists down so the keys of physical typewriters wouldn't jam. This hasn't been necessary for at least 50 years. The keyboard we all know and love isn't going anywhere. Even with haptic feedback, and the other advances that you mentioned, you still need to know the keyboard so you can type without looking.
To be a touch typist means you type "by touch." In other words you can look elsewhere while you are typing. That's the only way you can really disconnect your mind from the action of typing and focus on what you have to say. Imagine trying to drive a car if every time you wanted to turn the steering wheel you had to look down, confirm that your finger was correctly positioned over the steering-wheel widget, and then move your finger. You'd crash pretty quickly. This is...
No, it is horrible because you can not rest your fingers on the glass, meaning you can not get any tactile feedback about where your fingers are positioned, meaning you must continually look to see if you are pressing the right key. As someone else mentioned, I doubt your 11 year old is a touch typist (ironic phrase now that I think about it)... and if he keeps typing on the iPad he never will be.
Or AppleWorks, howabout. Once bitten, twice shy, I'm never using another Apple product to create important documents.