or Connect

Posts by Kali

Me too, I hate the brushed metal frame. It looks like cheap PC to me. The metal texture is really bad looking. Keep things simple, dammit ! Stick to the Aqua look, or change it all.
I beat you all! Just for the fun of it (please, don't flame me) : I'm still using system 7.1 on my 10 years old machine, with 32 MB of RAM and a 500 MB HD, 68040 processor. I'm using many apps, like Photoshop (I don't remember which version). Many well selected extensions. And guess what ? It rocks ! This machine is robust, fast, efficient, very stable and never crash (well, almost). Ok, I can't play games, or even go on the internet. But for all my serious job...
Hmm! The next code name should be "lion king".
I agree totally with you, Moog. And by then (MWNY), we could expect OS X 10.2 to be out with the new machines. So my decision is final, I'll wait.
I'm in the same water as you, Deathlok2001, and I'm living in Canada too. I hesitated to buy a dual IGHz very recently, and I finally decided to wait until MWNY, but not more. There are 2 reasons why : 1- I hate the GeF4 MX card in the dual, and I don't have any choice with the educational program at my school. It appears there are some minor (?) problems with the video card and I wont spend several thousands dollars on a machine with a crippled video card. Just look...
Woups! Sorry for the double topic here. I had a small problem with IE.
I'm wondering something. Will the G5 and OS 10.2 able to run older 10.1 apps ? I mean, suppose I'm using some application designed to run in OS X, version 10.1 (FreeHand 10, for example), will I be able to run it well in OS X version10.2 without needing to upgrade the application too ? And what about the G5 ?
I'm wondering something. Will the G5 and OS 10.2 able to run older 10.1 apps ? I mean, suppose I'm using some application designed to run in OS X, version 10.1 (FreeHand 10, for example), will I be able to run it well in OS X version10.2 without needing to upgrade the application too ? And what about the G5 ?
[quote]Originally posted by Macintosh: It is also possible that somthing has ocured internally that would allow Apple to update hardware without them even breaching their no new hardware statement.
Macintosh, just give your prick a name : G5
After a system crash, I had to reinstall system 9.2 on this old iMac. Now, Quake3 PR 1.31 freeze at statup, and gives me a black screen immediately after the yellow screen. What's up ? What should I do ? I duplicated all the quake files to another folder, but it doesn't help. I'm pretty sure the .pk3 files are ok, not corrupted (or are they?). Please!!