or Connect

Posts by Kali

After a system crash, I had to reinstall system 9.2 on this old iMac. Now, Quake3 PR 1.31 freeze at statup, and gives me a black screen immediately after the yellow screen. What's up ? What should I do ? I duplicated all the quake files to another folder, but it doesn't help. I'm pretty sure the .pk3 files are ok, not corrupted (or are they?). Please!!
[quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99: It's pretty minor I agree, but it's actually gotten worse and more annoying. I'd have little ones in the corner or wherever before and now I have them across the whole screen..
I predict that it will become more and more of a problem, until the card fries the LCD monitor. A guy had this recently. So, nope, I wont buy that product. Ok, I'm a pessimist. But nature always make it worst.
[quote]Originally posted by Bodhi: Kali - Is it me or have you been pondering on what tower to buy for the past month only to always come up with some reason that Apple is screwing up or the towers are broke or the graphics cards are not good enough....now it's partitions in OSX. If you are so unhappy with everything that is Mac, why are you buying a Mac? Or are you Macintosh in disguise?!? [Laughing] ...
All these are annoying me as hell. I don't want a crippled video card in my Mac. I can't have the Titanium at educational price, so I'll be stuck with the MX for a while. Yeah, I can afford the machine anyway and wait to see a Mac Titanium in stores. But this is taking me the shit out. Damn! Tigerwood, what about the noise of the dual ? Do you hear some hiss ? Is the dual noisy ? How loud is it compared to the other Mac you had ? (Ok, this isn't the thread...
[quote]Originally posted by concentricity: well, there are lot's of questions, like why 4 partitions? do you really think you'll have a folder full of lots of word processing apps (on OS X)? ...
Well, I don't totally agree with you. Here's why, but I'll try to be very brief because I don't have time to elaborate. The number of partitions isn't important for me, so I need the fewest number as possible. I've found that 4...
[quote]Originally posted by iks_iv: Partitioning CAN be a good idea, especially in an Unix world and MacOSX... It makes sence to split up the system and the rest of the data on your disk, ... ... Thirdly, Its a lot safer. If one of your partitions get screwed up, you still have the others. With a 1 partition setup, everything is lost. ... I personally keep 4 partitions on my HD. One for Mac OS 9, One for a 'Trusted' MacOSX, one for an 'Experimental' MacOSX, and...
[quote]Originally posted by NeoMac: Any other app you can access instantly by Command-A to open the application's folder.
But suppose I have 4 partitions on my internal HD. Can I put all my normal applications scatered inside a partition without the boot system ? If yes, can I put some of them in the Dock anyway, even if they're not in the special "Apps" folder ? Sorry, this may be a newbie question, but I need to know.
[quote]Originally posted by AsahiToro: I've done that on my apps partition. I have separate folders for graphics, internet, office stuff, games, etc.. Each have an icon on the dock to easily access anything. No problems so far.
Few!! Can someone else confirm this, so I can sleep in peace ? Can we really place everything everywhere (except in the system folder), like in the old days ? It should, or I'll smash Apple! Can I even...
This was part of a reply in another thread. It's making me nervous about switching to OS X, really ! [quote]Originally posted by janitor: hrm. not quite. in OS X applications don't like to be seperated from the Apps folder at the base of OS X, updaters don't find them and permissions get screwy. .
Aarghh! Are you sure about this ? If this is true, then I see this as a MAJOR downgrade from older MacOS. On my old Mac (with sys 7.1),...
[quote]Originally posted by janitor: hrm. not quite. in OS X applications don't like to be seperated from the Apps folder at the base of OS X, updaters don't find them and permissions get screwy. .
Aarghh! Are you sure about this ? If this is true, then I see this as a MAJOR downgrade from older MacOS. On my old Mac (with sys 7.1), I'm placing my apps in different folders, anywhere on the HD. I usually class them by "usefullness". ...