or Connect

Posts by Kali

[quote]Originally posted by ricRocket: While I agree with most of what everyone here is saying - I find that reading too many of these boards gets a guy power/speed hungry. .... If you need it now (although you've stated you haven't!) get it now - it's still a great machine. If not, sure you can wait, but it can be a painful process if you spend too much time on these boards! rr.
I know exactly what you mean I'm trying to...
[quote]Originally posted by applenut: All the cards get the job done. some do things better than others but none of them suck. You can't go wrong with the geforce 4MX. It'll do everything you want. Maybe won't be the absolute fastest or the most featured but it does everything well.
I'm just wondering about the antialiasing features. A game without it just don't worth playing IMO. I can't stand the jaggies. That's why I'm asking...
[quote]Originally posted by Matsu: Just be honest, you want to spend insane money on basically a gaming rig. [No] And you want it to be an expensive pro mac From the tone of your posts, my guess is you're a teen whose about to grossly overspend for a machine he doesn't need.
O man, you're hard. [Skeptical] No I'm not a...
[quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99: It depends on your budget, but if I were you I'd get a 933 and wait for the GF4 Ti cards to come out. hell the 800 is gonna be really fast for you so you could even do that and go for the top dogg Ti 4600. I'd recommend going with a GF4 Ti 4400 for video card, that's what I'll do. And up that RAM! Now hurry up before the G5s are out.
I was thinking about the 933MHz with the Radeon 8500 card. ...
O damn ! I'm totally bored of computer shoppings ! I'm using a very old (about 10 years) computer at home and some relatively old iMac at work. I have (unfortunately) very high standards about computers and I'm really proud of my good old Mac IIci (boosted) [Chilling] . This computer was (and still is) a very good machine at its time. It's powerfull enough for my normal serious stuff (wordprocessing,...
[quote]Originally posted by Wrong Robot: yea the 8500 might be the more versatile but the gf4ti is definatly the most _powerful_ question: do you play alot of FPS games, kali? if so then the GF4Ti is for you, but If you don't really care for raw speed, I think the 8500 has a bit of an edge over the Ti.....
Ok, I want an all purpose computer. Able to do EVERYTHING fast, without troubles. So it will be (most probably) a G4 at 933MHz...
Damn ! :confused: Because all of you ppl, I'm now totally confused. I don't know anymore what to buy. [Hmmm] ATI or NVidia ? I want a G4 @ 933MHz with a very good graphics system. 17" LCD Apple screen, 768 MB ram. First, I'll get the standard GeF4 MX, but I'm sure this card will fall apart soon after some weeks. :confused: :confused: [Hmmm]
What card do you prefer ? ATI 8500 or NVidia GeForce4 Titanium ? Pros and cons ?
[quote]Originally posted by Bodhi: Kali - Many of the unique features of the nVidia cards are not experienced on a Mac. I have a dual GHz with an ATi and a GeForce3. When I swap the GeForce3 in and load up Giants many of the graphics features are shaded (Giants was specifically written to take advantage of many of these features)
:eek: F*** NVIdia then! And what about your ATI card ? which one is it ? What...
[quote]Originally posted by Matsu: If you're spending powermac money to play games, you've got too much money anyway.[/QB]
I'm NOT getting a new PMac just for games, of course ! I'll use it for all tasks. Work, DVD, internet AND games. But I want very good performances for all things I'll do with this computer.