or Connect

Posts by digitalclips

Right and most people haven't even looked at the settings yet before critiquing Spotlight. I reordered mine and removed many. My only quibble is it not floating, I hate non floating modal dialog boxes with a passion. Always have.
In my day of working around the clock on Macs I used Boomerang as it let me set up a bunch of read from and write to folders from within the open and save dialog boxes. This was in Mac OS. Later a product called Direct Folder was around. They have an OS X version called Default Folder X I believe that maybe worth your while checking out. It saves hours in a week in work flow time being able to have that kind of speed up to your current working files and data.
They were both discussing the tables in the Apple Stores. I took it to mean Ron saw them as like tables you see, but on a smaller scale, in kindergartens ... clean, simple and functional. Jony had selected these tables for his lab, for his own reasons but I suspect for those exact same reasons. As an industrial designer he probably came across similar tables in art school, I know I did. I can't say why exactly but they make you feel good and feel creative, well they do...
Ok you are correct they don't necessarily contradict unless you see it as I was ... the actual design of the table as being what got people excited not there being tables there per se.
If you are not on Yosemite the discussion about the new Spotlight is moot! Although I can reboot to Mavericks later and probably find what you are missing there too, I have been on 10.10 so long I can't remember now!Spreadsheets I can't speak to but 200 MB .psd already has a preview built in. The size is irrelevant to showing the preview. As I said above I work with large files too.I have seen this slow down many times on other people's Macs and most times running Disk...
To be fair you can simply select the item, scroll down and double click "Show in Finder" and it shows in the finder immediately by opening the enclosing folder ... even faster than reading a path only to have to then use the Finder manually. I think that Show In Finder isn't well placed and should be a fixed button on top or at right. I suspect many haven't realized it's there yet.BTW what type of Mac takes 30 seconds to show a preview? Mine are instant. Maybe hard...
Plus / OT RANT ... ... Delta is horrible to fly with these day! I have to laugh at all the blogs ranting about 'idiots reclining seats 'etc.. It never ceases to amaze me no one ever mentioned the seats were designed to be a certain distance apart AND recline without breaking anyone's legs. Now Delta and most other airlines have carefully inserted many more seats, the seat designs are totally screwed up ... as may I add, is the window to seat placements. Ever flown in...
If you turn Bing off it gets a lot more useable. See above I included the where to screen shot ...
I agree I wish it floated, I have three screens and would like to pop it on my right one along with mail. That said I simply use the search in Mac windows instead most times ...
You could always just uncheck the box to use Bing.