or Connect

Posts by digitalclips

Hilarious really. They manage to get over (as in pretend it didn't happen) the unbelievable success of the iPhone 6 sales by watching a fake, edited video. Simple things please simple minds I guess.
I agree but remember the scam video about the 'bent phone' was made after those fantastic initial sales. Who knows the damage done yet? I know several people that said 'they were having second thoughts as iPhone's bend so easily'. Hopefully articles like this and folks like us passing it on to the gullible people we know will mitigate the damage.
Way to miss the joke ... /sighJFYI There was a multi thread discussion about English as opposed to US English and 'math' vs 'maths' came up.Hence joke; one could postulate mathematic abbreviates to 'math' and mathematics to 'maths'. I was poking fun at the American word 'math' which doesn't really make sense since 'mathematics', not 'mathematic' is the study of topics such as quantity (numbers), structure, space, and change.It was all tongue in cheek as I don't mind...
Totally. DED is right behind J.K Rowling in my list of top ten writers. (That is a complement BTW not an allusion to fantasy)
I knew that The thread is being renamed Pedants Unite.
We are going to get banned for being sooo far off topic any minute ... hahaI think that is trivial compared to loss of words to be honest. Being able to use a treasure trove of different words to describe the same thing is directly equatable to a myriad of colors and shades in a painter's palette. *A painter can convey mood, feelings and even subconsciously felt emotions as can different words, meaning almost the same ... but not quite. This of course is only true if...
That seems backwards to me .. but thanks, I now know about the American side too.. We have had fun here for the last several pages discussing this along with sealing-wax, cabbages and kings ... amongst many other splendid things. ... And we are pouring scorn on fake iPhone videos too.
Exactly.
True and remember UK 'regions' can be 10 miles across! It's the loss of words that is sad as mentioned earlier. Hopefully Game of Thrones is brining back some good olde English words ...Oh hell, I just bent my Samsung Fridge door whilst I was in amongst the jars looking for cutlery I left there when not wearing my trousers...
'Re-rail', now is that a strictly US term? I have been alternating between topic and non topic as best I can.