or Connect

Posts by digitalclips

All very interesting. I suspect you are correct about a fight back to relevance by Microsoft in mobile. Microsoft still have their not so secret weapon too, hordes of Microsoft certified IT people itching to be able to throw their weight around again. Anecdotally, I just witnessed my wife's local (and very large) Real Estate company start pushing Microsoft Cloud and OWA on all their Realtors' iPad and iPhone users. After decades of forcing the use of PCs, Macs have...
Do you see a time when Chrome might emerge as a full blown touch interface mobile OS and start replacing or paralleling Android as a free (or maybe not free this time) product for OEMs the likes of Samsung et al? Last I checked they have Android apps running under Chrome.If you already wrote about this just give me a link please
Yep, this guys mistake was not simply working for Google or Samsung then he'd be a free man today.
It always saddens me that Color-It, the all American company out of Des Moines never really succeeded as a Photoshop alternative for those needing less power at a great price. Hats off to Pixelmator but Color-It offered so much back then and if it could have made it through the dark days of the almost death of the Mac, should have risen again and by now would have no doubt been a huge success with the App Store model. It is a shame the programmers didn't manage to...
And to think Eric Schmidt got away scot-free!
There is little truth in his statement. Many bank 'salesman' were giving mortgages to young or poor folk that they shouldn't have simply to get commissions. That went on for sure. That said, most of the people I know, and I live in a wealthy area, took on massive extra mortgages and either flipped houses to get richer or just blew the money on cars and vacations. The music stopped and they were left with unsold homes and many had already flipped several before they...
I'd forgotten that one LOL, no doubt Relic will chime in that you are being unnecessarily negative though.
He is totally correct to highlight blatant attempts of these journalists, who they and their like continually try to diminish anything they can that Apple does. It has gone on for years. Why the hell would you try to reverse the logic? Remember many were equally aggressive in attacking DED in the years he stated Android sales by Samsung were inflated and the truth was Samsung was in trouble. It matters to some of us with a large financial stake in AAPL that the media...
Best Buy seems to be teetering ... My daughter took the ferry off Martha's Vineyard last week and drove to the nearest Best Buy to get an MBA last week only to find it closed and signs in the window saying 'Out of Business". I was surprised one store would say such a thing but it seems the 'Amazon' effect is kicking in with a vengeance.
My theory on Euskara is 'shipwreck' ...Seriously a fascinating mystery there isn't it? I read on ARS some genetic work done there is ongoing. You have me wanting to go back and reread all that now.Did you ever get to Figueres to see the Dali museum?Back on topic ... the curator of the Christmas iTunes radio selection seems to select newer artists for everything ... not even John Lennon singing his own, 'War is over', the most important Christmas song of all time ...