or Connect

Posts by digitalclips

If he had, I think we'd have heard the gun shot by now ...
Assembly plant for Apple][s in Cork for sure, I visited it.
Exactly. I am not suggesting Google knows my name when I am unfortunate enough to see an ad from them, (I use Adblock so i see few luckily for me) but they can assist others in targeting me if I let them based upon what I view (except I have Little Snitch that blocks this). This, I and many others don't want to happen.Please link me to the opt out page on Google that lets me stop this from happening (kind of like the Do Not Call List, my phone is on), oh, wait there...
I think you misread what i wrote. I am referring to Amazon sending me a page that says.. 'Items you maybe interested in based upon what 'YOU' looked at or bought recently'. I would say that means Amazon are talking directly to me about what I view. I was not talking about Amazon's ads. I was saying I liked the way they dealt with my personal viewing information.
He's getting where now? Close to 600 pre split? Or am I misunderstanding you.
True.
Best story i personally know of is a friend of mine's farther purchased a load of cheap stock in a fledgling insurance company back in the 60's and the family held, much of it still do. That company was bought over and so was that one ... the result has been a 1,400 x multiple on investment.That said I started working with Apple in 1978. Also Microsoft shortly thereafter. Had I bought $1,000 of each in say 1980 .... Anyone care to do the math?
I concur. My attitude is you risk high only with something you can afford to lose. Our original investments were mainly from money made on selling a couple of vacation condos we had owned and rented for years. Plus my entire IRA which as an immigrant later in life wasn't exactly massive. The condos owed us nothing and the profit was just that, pure profit. So risking that on Apple was not the end of the world. That said, I was totally convinced Steve would triumph the...
That is a fascinating thought although I would have thought China may have seen a US Formosa as we saw Cuba and been a little more aggressive than the Bay of Pigs. I love alternative history mental games though. I read a fun trilogy by an Australian last year on the beach full of such stuff ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_Timep.s. In this series, the writer , John Birmingham, wrote of the rise of the Caliphate and basically WWIII, this in 2004!
To this day my wife says I should have sold at 700 and bought when it dipped. I held. I point out I didn't have a crystal ball! lol Some people are never satisfied!