or Connect

Posts by digitalclips

Thanks, interesting post.By the way you can add my 24" ACD that I used as a second monitor to the recycling list. It powers up works for fine then suddenly goes black. This happens on my nMP, Mac mini or MBP. Some days it works all day others ten minutes. Has to be powered off and disconnected for ten minutes or so, then works right away ... for a while. Local Apple dealer says best case $400 worst $700 to fix, $75 to tell me which.
IMHO putting a tuner in an Apple TV would be like adding a connection for horses to pull it to a Ferrari.
Are you sure all HDTVs bring in a profit at all? I suspect many are sold at a loss or break even at best and no after sales. Remember, that $99 box as you call it sells stuff that Apple also makes profit on. I doubt Apple even care about making a profit on the Apple TV itself although I bet they do make one.
Exactly. As many have said on this blog before.
I want one! The folks saying the video is jerky ... That's the rookie pilot. I live near a lake with hundreds of large gators, I'd love to video there.
All good points but I still would bet we see a continues increase in RAM usage not to mention .... I'm still banking on the Holodeck becoming a reality one day and boy will a load of RAM help that ON a slightly more serious note ..cough .. . when we start being able to 'jack in' and 'download' a mind, we will see the RAM needs escalate ... (see Richard K Morgan ... trilogy). Brilliant novels. Takeshi Kovacs is coming!
Loved your post , however I am certain OS X will allow and improve upon applications' abilities to max out far more RAM very soon making it a must in these industries. but .... " I'd say 128GB is more RAM than anyone will ever need." ... you serous? When most Macs had 512K at most, and I loaded up my IIfx with 8 MBs I was told I was crazy and no one would ever need that much RAM. I am sure we will be looking at the same discussion over TBs one day. However, I assume...
To be fair he is correct if not too tactful although not if the RAM is slower, I missed that part! While working full time I had very Mac. I ever owned maxed out, such as the II fx which had 8 MB LOL, that thing loaded cost more than the current 12 core Mac Pro! One of the companies I ran was in high end scanner software and always needed as much RAM as possible. Today some one editing 4K might seriously benefit from tons of RAM and no doubt 8K is on the horizon. It's...
" ... recent indications of a shift in Apple's living room go-to-market strategy " Can I get a link to something that states it ever was their strategy to sell an HDTV please?
You might be right in the long term regarding everyday consumers. As to the use for a larger tablet, there maybe a pro market in music and graphics just as there is with the 'Mac Pro' for Mac users.