or Connect

Posts by digitalclips

Hopefully they emerge stronger and the stock rises. I just don't want to see the words Chapter 7!
Sorry I was referring the the meme used when discussing DSLRs not phones. That said if you need to crop more data from a picture in a small device then more high quality data is always a good thing. Digital Zoom with video is one area for example, a 1080p video can be at 3x magnification without pixel doubling on a sensor that's in the 18-20MP range and is therefore as good as an optical zoom assuming the sensor is up to it.BTW .. I'd only thing I'd fit to a Galaxy S5...
I can't help chuckle. The first spread sheet from Microcrap with a graphical GUI, Multiplan and shortly thereafter Excel both d├ębuted on the Mac several years prior to it doing so on a PC. So I have to ask why it is the PC keyboard short cuts got changed after the fact? Oh, that's right, after ripping of Mac OS, it probably left Gates thinking it was a good idea to change a few things when they brought out the Windblows version of Excel to help reduce the chances of...
What is really scary is the extent to which real life is being driven by blog writing and sensationalistic news coverage. So many the things that shouldn't happen these days happen because of such coverage. I'd say it's 'Life Imitating Art' except it isn't art!
I liked this post by Walt FrenchArs Praefectus on Ars site 17,000 infected machines, 3/4 of them outside of the US. Suggestions that the malware masqueraded as Photoshop or other Liberated Warez. Running despite no indication that OSX's normal security precautions were side-stepped. Perfectly consistent with there being 17K idiots in the world, or people desperate enough for free software that they throw ordinary cautions to the wind, of the many millions in use...
I was thinking East Texas.
I have been postulating this exact point for the last few years only I don't have your knowledge to back up what for me is just a gut feeling about the trend in Apple's direction. I even suggested that perhaps an addition Intel CPU might be a BTO on higher end Macs equipped with Apple "big iron" for those that do need to virtualize some Windows OS. I remember inserting CP/M-86 cards in Apple ][s so they could run non native OSs. For the most part, for the majority, those...
I was with you till the MP comment, which I read in contexts as meaning 8 is enough (if you didn't mean that we are on the same page). That old '8MP is all you need' meme is getting old. Having spent the weekend cropping down 20.2MP RAW images of wild life taken of a Canon 70D with a Canon 100-400mm L IS USM lens so critters fill the frame and still holding amazing resolution, I can assure anyone holding onto the '8MP Myth' that starting with more than 8MP is very useful.
Oh, so if you want to include malware specifically targeted at Microsoft Software that's a whole other story. I had a total ban on Microsoft Software so perhaps that was why we had no problems.Meanwhile think about what the PC world was going through ...
Agreed but I still say the stories of Mac OS serious infections are greatly exaggerated. Regarding OS X, a virus to me, is self installing and able to replicate. So called Malware that the press love to attribute to OS X in the hope the masses/ stock market think it is a virus, requires an idiot to install it.