or Connect

Posts by digitalclips

He's getting where now? Close to 600 pre split? Or am I misunderstanding you.
True.
Best story i personally know of is a friend of mine's farther purchased a load of cheap stock in a fledgling insurance company back in the 60's and the family held, much of it still do. That company was bought over and so was that one ... the result has been a 1,400 x multiple on investment.That said I started working with Apple in 1978. Also Microsoft shortly thereafter. Had I bought $1,000 of each in say 1980 .... Anyone care to do the math?
I concur. My attitude is you risk high only with something you can afford to lose. Our original investments were mainly from money made on selling a couple of vacation condos we had owned and rented for years. Plus my entire IRA which as an immigrant later in life wasn't exactly massive. The condos owed us nothing and the profit was just that, pure profit. So risking that on Apple was not the end of the world. That said, I was totally convinced Steve would triumph the...
That is a fascinating thought although I would have thought China may have seen a US Formosa as we saw Cuba and been a little more aggressive than the Bay of Pigs. I love alternative history mental games though. I read a fun trilogy by an Australian last year on the beach full of such stuff ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_Timep.s. In this series, the writer , John Birmingham, wrote of the rise of the Caliphate and basically WWIII, this in 2004!
To this day my wife says I should have sold at 700 and bought when it dipped. I held. I point out I didn't have a crystal ball! lol Some people are never satisfied!
In fact when the market went down for much of the time Apple went up! It is quite often counter to the market, so much so i often wonder if it is seen as an alternative to bonds and gold by some!
Almost, which is why I said $10 or so, ... but we have all dividends ploughed back in automatically for more shares so we inch closer.I am not so down on the broker to be honest. Back them he would have been derelict in his duty to allow someone to move so much of their holdings from safe funds into high risk without some serious warnings. It was a heck of a gamble but I weighed it very carefully and even though I never gamble, did!
I can hardly watch AAPL these days, it's too damned exciting ... every $10 or so I see a six digit gain overall. This from quite a modest investment back when our broker told us we were nuts and demanded we signed waiver exonerating him for going against his advice.
On top of this, there must be a lot of capacity for production freeing up as Android CrapWare production slips. Apple can soak up all the production capacity there is I would think as Apple heads to the Trillion $ mark in a few years.