or Connect

Posts by digitalclips

I bet Bono is behind that!
I agree. The only minor updates it will probably need and hopefully will get, will be 100% Yosemite compatible. It already works fine in Yosemite betas but I mean with future things not yet in the betas, like Yosemite's Photos and future FCPX's built in transfer ability. Just file handling tweaks that's all really. Surely that's not too much to ask is it ...? You listening Apple?
I think I'll just stay with Aperture and see what Photos is like when it surfaces. Hopefully we'll get a developer version in the not too distant future with a beta Yosemite release. Yes I love the HDR plug in, I use Photomatix HDR from within Aperture and Photoshop, have for many years.
Quite an illuminating post. I think you and Phil have won me over. I am in the middle of setting up many 4K video slide shows from nearly 4,000 RAW images from a trip to Alaska using Aperture and FCPro X in conjunction and it is a very smooth and fast process. I really feared for a few moments I'd have to step outside my comfort zone and start learning Lightroom for a while there, no criticism of LR but my brain can only learn so much ... I feel pretty happy now I can...
Yes there are some weird funky issues like that and now I bet they won't be fixed, too close to moving to the new Yosemite system. BTW, Isn't iPhoto still doing destructive edits? I might be wrong but it used to and that was one of the biggest reasons to avoid it for me. The major worry for me is the database like system in Aperture going away. I love that. Of course, it isn't really database, it's more akin to iWeb's blogging system, a complex filing set up, hidden...
Great link Phil, I think I feel a little calmer now ...My only comment is Apple themselves should be saying all this to us photographers not depending on such articles which may or may not pan out ... .. I was about to buy Lightroom! Now I may wait it out. I love Photoshop but hate Adobe's whole eco system and they way it takes over your Mac like octopus tentacles.
Me and many others didn't either. There was a time it was all Apple, Aldus and Adobe and there was happiness in graphics town ... then something went evil ... Gates backed by IBM stole Mac OS and then the prince of darkness screwed over IBM, unleashing Compaq, Dell and Gateway et al ... 20 something years of beige crap and malware followed. This should be made into a movie filmed in New Zealand ...
Well I wasn't being serious but I hear you on Freehand ... not to mention Aldus itself.
I hate to sound like a rerun of the Final Cut Pro 7 v X debate ... which wasn't as clear cut as it seemed at first, just terribly implemented by Apple. That said ... I don't see Photos being even close to what Aperture was or could have been for pros. I suspect Apple is ceding the pro photography ground to Adobe and others here. I can't see cloud storage satisfying a pro photographer let alone those simplistic preset corrections. Don't get me wrong, it's all great for...
Ouch ... but .. for Photography pros that's not a big deal, no one is suggestion iPhoto users get it Then again I do want that Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L EF IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens soon and that comes first ...