or Connect

Posts by digitalclips

I'll check it out, thanks. I have struggled on with Flickr, but discovered snags with the Aperture upload not maintaining full size. I spent yesterday re uploading many images again and new images (check them out) by exporting as full size jpegs and using the Finder's Share with Flickr feature which is very nice and supports batches, what a shame this can't work within Aperture.
Sorry for the delay in replying ... been too busy eating and drinking My iPad Air is the first one that came out in time for last Christmas, I think the version 2 is more recent (I can't keep up lol), that shows up as being connected via the 'High Speed USB', not the USB 2, but not USB 3 as such either, so I am not sure.I have now found that my very early iPad seems to work just as well and is now the resident screen on my previously headless Mac mini 2013 which I use as...
What seems to be absent thus far in the new beta Photo set up is a way to select a specific set of images and publish them to the cloud with user definable layout and access, i.e. public or private via list of emails. This was always a sweet feature in Aperture. That even got dumbed down a year or two ago with that simplified viewing layout using Microsoft like tiles and limited viewing and download options. A few years back Aperture had the perfect solution for...
I have tried a similar approach, i.e. dragging images manually to iCoud Drive, but it is far from a workable solution for me. If the images are on an external drive a copy is made on the internal drive's ~/Library prior to uploading to the cloud. I assume if they start off on the internal drive they are aliased thus not increasing storage use by much but not so if an external drive is the source. With the small SSD found in a new Mac Pro and massive size of Aperture...
I've now tried it with every iPad made just about and from a Mac mini 2013 and a new Mac Pro. It us useable but just as laggy on any set up I tried regardless of iPad or Mac. It also totally screwed up using Airplay, I had to uninstall on my new Mac Pro before I could get either Air Parrot or Airplay to work correctly, obviously driver conflicts. That said it is very easy to uninstall from its own menu with no reboot required. I can't use it as extra screen real...
So you are saying that; Soli pointing out 'people that are making statements, based on no information, are speculating' is in of itself speculating? Which school of logic did you attend?
They should have gone in with Microsoft to share their store space.
OMG you are right! I have two older iPads in a cupboard collecting dust and I bet they run a lot cooler than a regular monitor. My normal three monitor set up on my new Mac Pro is such a heat generator I have started switching two off recently as it's like sitting in a bloody sauna.A couple of iPads would be great for 90% of my usage which is having Mail on one and Safari on the other while working on the main 27" Apple screen. Now I just need a neat desk clamp set up...
Yes, I bet you are correct. I was trying to think of a rational behind declining Sony's request. It wasn't that Apple didn't relish the business ... rather they were worried it might take down iTunes over Christmas by sheer demand.
I agree, seems odd.