or Connect

Posts by digitalclips

LOL
Phew! Although I never want to go on record saying never. Never totally, but more and more features will cross-over, that I am sure of. I love OS X and personally don't like any mobile OS all that much (I use an iPad for Netflix and Mail, I can't stand using Safari thanks to the bloody ads I can't block unless I run Adblock's browser) and I certainly never want to lose the power of my beloved OS X! That said I see massive potential for all iOS devices, just not for...
I concur, it is all a win win. I just hope they retain a Thunderbolt port.
So I assume you haven't been looking too closely at the emergence, over the last decade or so, of the Korean cars that have copied, as closely as possible, the leading brands' designs?
I would simply go back to my OP on the topic, would a fake Rolex stand be allowed at an international watch trade show? You and I both know it would not and no one would start brining up whether the organizers had the jurisdiction.The reason is, it is not as you are probably imagining, someone walking up to the stand and stopping it after the fact. It is all taken care of long before the exhibition starts. I have had many stands at many trade exhibitions over the...
Ok thanks. So OS X would have to have a minor update to add a new and simple feature ... that is of course unless the fear of many comes to pass and OS X merges with iOS and the new Mac has a touch screen! I was going to add a laugh there but perhaps not ...
I suspect you are over simplifying. Yes of course less materials cost less but ... the shipping?Firstly I don't think Apple folks sit down and think, 'how can we make more money ... Oh I know let's make products lighter ... we'll save on shipping!'. I suspect there are far more important and scientific reasons such as the heat and energy savings in scaling as just one example.Secondly, as an Amazon Prime member, I have seen for myself that shipping costs are far lower...
Ok was puzzled there for a moment ...'click-less trackpad' ? I had to stop and think for a moment, what is a clickable track pad? I never use the click-ability on my MBP's track pad and had forgotten I ever did, I'm sure few ever do since double tap ... but wait ... I do use it without thinking when I click and drag DUH! So ... how would you click and drag? Or is there already an alternative with gestures I missed? As to the ports... well it is certainly a...
I agree mostly, IMHO DED's most salient point in the article is that we are looking at pre split price of $783.23. Day by day is neither here nor there if you are not day trading, but that price is pretty good considering pre split so many of the so called experts here on AI claimed APPL could never get much above $700 due to Bernoulli's Law. Ha!
Just speaking for myself, I admire (along with a few others ) how DED has been one of the few tech writers in the last few years who cried "The King isn't wearing any clothes' while all others fawned over Samsung's supposed ascendancy. His stream of editorials continuously shot holes in everything the main stream media swallowed whole and regurgitated ad nauseam. Following his insights my stock portfolio isn't looking too shabby. So you will forgive me for thinking...