or Connect

Posts by pt123

And don't forget the lame hunting and fishing channel too.
Why blame just the cable companies? Disney, HBO, etc. are the ones charging cable companies. And how about the shows themselves? Must the NFL charge Disney/ESPN billions for Monday Night Football for one fame a week?
Exactly. I don't even remember what version of the OS my Mac runs. It is cool for a couple of months of showing off to friends using the cool name, then it's back to getting pissed because TextEdit takes so long to launch because a dialog pops with the iCloud option when I just want to open a local file.
Don't you have to defend a trademark or lose it?  
Existing telecoms pay to retransmit broadcast TV. How is it that Aereo can retransmit without paying while telecoms have to pay? And can I retransmit a signal and charge for it?
I think supporting the retina display mean bigger app, less (storage) space available for other stuff.
I think the cable companies suck but you can't blame it all on them. The content guys (Disney/ABC, FOX, CBS) suck too because they charge a lot too. Oh yeah, the NFL, college football, NBA, MLB suck too for charging billions to carry their games. So yeah, many giant flaws.
Don't leave out people that pay at movie theaters, DVD & Blu-ray, magazines. Heck even the movies themselves have product placement, a form of ads. We are just a world of suckers.
It is free over the air, but the content provider charge cable and satellite companies a lot to carry their signal (retransmission consent). Disney/ABC really does not want to upset this revenue stream. OTOH, they did pay a lot of money to obtain NBA, NFL and college football programming.
It is ironic that Disney, which Steve Jobs was a major shareholder, does a bunch of stuff in Flash. So, not deleting Flash for a while.