or Connect

Posts by pt123

One iPhoto sucks your photos in, you really can't do anything to it except view it unless you are using one of those Apple specific integrated i-apps. It's really more of a repository than an organizer. You will have to export the photo to get it outside of iphoto and use it there.
I am just not an itunes video junkie so I have nothing on my Macbook that should be viewed on appletv. DVD is my preferred media and Netflix is my preferred provider.
Send one my way and I would like it too. Paying $299, now that is another story.
And I have a Macbook which doesn't have too much hard disk storage. iPhoto and Parallels pretty much sucks up all the storage. 2GB per hour leaves enough room for 2 movies, maybe.
Netflix has 8.8 million paying subscribers. Apple has sold 88 million ipods, 50 million TV episodes and over 1.3 million movies. So yes many itunes users but not as many itunes paying users, so there is a ways to go. If anything, I think people are going to keep their Netflix, rip the movie and watch it through their Appletv. All this talk about Appletv, it has gotten me interested in getting an ipod.
Wow, 2GB per hour of video. With my 1.5 Mbp DSL connection, a movie would take almost as long to get to my TV as Netflix. Well, maybe if it was cheaper...
The $299 itself wouldn't scare me away. The $299 for almost DVD quality when I already have DVD quality along with 5.1 surround sound would scare me away. Buying media offered by only one company on a device offered by only one company scares me. What would I do with the movie if Apple ever discontinued Appletv?
If it ain't broke, don't mess with it.
An open mind works both ways. People have pre-ordered it and having even see the picture quality yet. Some people are already ripping DVD's in preparation of the Appletv. Doesn't seem like open mind to me.
There is something wrong with me too. I think Preview sucks and prefer Adobe Reader too.