or Connect

Posts by pt123

I think this is a baseball problem. I mean what is the deal with rainouts during the world series?
Amelio took a cookie cutter aproach to solving the problem he inherited - he cut spending. He laid off a bunch of people and froze everyone's salary. He did this as he wrote off a bunch of inventory ($1 billion pre-tax loss) then made a fat bonus as he turned a slight profit the next quarter. He also paid himself well whenever he flew himself around in his private jet. Employees hated him especially since he hate how engineers dressed in t-shirt and shorts. As the top guy,...
chocolate is brown, yuck.
For me, it's the psychological barrier. Extra storage, video capability aside, I just couldn't go over $200 for a music player.
You can resize the photo by exporting the photo and specifying the size. There is no way I know of to arrange rolls alphabetically.
I do not import from camera because I need to organized the photos so it fits into the right film roll when imported. I've tried to move pictures from film roll to film roll and it's just too hard to do. Sometimes I need to rename the file too. Also, I tag the photos with IPTC data before importing.
I don't know how you do things, but I import my original photos from a folder in the Finder. iPhoto copies it to iPhoto/Originals/ then delete my originals because iPhoto copies my original photos to iPhoto/Originals/. Why is that doing something in the finder causes dire consequences for iPhoto? If that was the case, shouldn't they have hidden the iPhoto folder? Does moving iTunes files around have dire consequences too? Picasa doesn't seem to have this problem.
HD-DVD has cheaper player on the market. It also has better review than the Blu-ray player from the reviews I have read. Of course things can change pretty quickly. iTV just adds another forma as far as regular consumer goes. Nothing says it will win the format war. I can go to a strore and check out the picture quality on the HD-DVD player. Can't do that with iTunes.
Delete the originals because iPhoto copies the originals to the iPhoto/Originals/ folder when iPhoto import the photos. Dragging to existing roll is easy in concept but difficult when I actually do it. There is a small sweet spot which scrolls the photos to the film roll which requires dexterity to manipulate. I have found occasion where it is easier to copy the folder associated to the film roll to the desktop, add new pictures, delete the whole roll from iPhoto and...
Some movies are difficult to back up - they use ARccOS (Google it). The DVD has bad data on it which DVD players ignore.