or Connect

Posts by pt123

As an app purchaser, I wish there was a good way to manage and organize different versions of apps. Wife has an iPad 1 and we try to avoid updates to keep versioning harmony.
That is what you call a sheep.
I am glad I have not updated to iOS 6. I'll be holding off for a while. There is no going back once you update.
Customer relationship means the cable company would need to make as much money as before or no (business) deal.
The tuner would not be customized for each cable company because it would be a QAM tuner. However, the conditional access would be different for each cable company. Apple would have to license it. Or they could just provide their own encoding equipment at the headend which their set top box would know how to decrypt. Some cable systems do that so they can use Motorola and Scientific Atlanta set top boxes on the same network.
Apple (and shareholders) would prefer you pay more to get an iDevice with more storage. Phone company would prefer you use the cloud or Air Video.
California is asking for a sales tax increase in November or $5.4 billion automatic spending cuts to K-12 education goes into effect. If the state really has money for iPad's, maybe they really don't need a sales tax increase.
I wouldn't say zero change to TV. We've gone from analog to digital, added HD, added PVR. Pretty cool changes.
It is not that easy to just replace the cable boxes. Those boxes provide conditional access (security) that goes hand-in-hand with encoder equipment at the headend. This would have to be licensed or there would have to be an separate encryption/decryption solution at each headend.
You can't blame it all on monopoly. Content providers have been raising prices too. ESPN has been paying a lot for NFL and college football. Networks have started to charge to carry the broadcast channel that use to be free. There is a lot of blame to go around to the price increases.