or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

These iPad3 rumors are all lining up... I think we are overdue for some wide-eyed iPad4 rumors!
How dissappointing! I read through specifically to see the complaints about DED only to find out that I got to the party too early...
Yeah. We had a minor family dustup over who did not get notified about a baby's birth. I was one of the ones who did not receive the notification (despite others saying they saw my name on the list). I have to suspect that it is a Comcast or Roadrunner issue... This blows!
I agree that the vast majority of consumers have no concept of the "walled garden" and of those few that do, only a fraction care. But there is a LOT of ignorance out there. In the conversation I referenced above, there were other people talking. One woman announced with authority that with an iPad, you have to pay $30 a month for data, but "with a tablet, you can use wifi." This was taken as fact by the others listening (all college graduates, all over 50). Most of...
I can't believe anyone would say this. Just today at work, a woman said she was buying 4 kindles--one for each kid. She had been planning on getting 2 iPads for her two oldest, but dreaded the fights over sharing with the two younger. I tried to steer her toward the iPad 1s being sold as refurbished, but they are still almost twice as much as a Kindle... When I tried to talk about the qualitative differences her only question was "does the Fire have Angry Birds?"
I used to get the free Nokia every 2 years from my cellular provider. If you told me I would be on my third $300 phone in under 4 years I would never have believed it... (not that I am keen on dropping $5K on a TV, but those Cupertino folk know how to make us do strange things...)
I am more or less in the market for a new TV for the living room. I am curious to see what surprises Apple has cooked up--everybody who is proclaiming "meh!" already needs to look back at history. Remember the surprise (and initial dismay) when the iPhone was first announced? "No keyboard? No fit and paste? Expensive as hell! Web apps??" It took us a while to get it and it took Apple a while to polish it, but now, nobody denies that Apple turned the phone world upside...
I'm not trying to be rude here, but I think this is kinda funny. What you are saying is that there is no scientifically collected evidence that high Apple Store traffic helps increase sales at neighboring stores and that you know this based on your anecdotal unscientific observations... That is just silly. Here is my anecdotal counter story: my local mall does not have an Apple Store. On 6-8 occasions I have made trips to a different mall that is farther from my house...
I gotta find a new barber!
I have pretty much switched over to reading all my books on the iPhone. I haven't yet even felt interested in trying my magazines on the phone... I suspect that would change if I ever got an iPad...