or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

Yeah, I think of this often. I remember researching a report on chip fabrication back in the day, and many books (LOL--books as sources of information on cutting edge technology--remember that?) held up the 100 nm limit as a theoretical limit. Several sources doubted that even getting close to 100 was technologically feasible even if it was theoretically possible. It does boggle the mind how fast the impossible becomes possible these days! (So where is my FTL drive??)
I'm curious. Do they have to pay high import taxes on imported parts? Or do the import tarriffs only apply to finished goods?I can't imagine many of the parts needed are manufactured locally...
The reporting on this issue has been strange. I don't know the finer legal points, though I see the logic in each side's claims. It really comes down to legal details on the transaction that few of us here are qualified to speak on. (I happen to fall into the category that thinks that the seller is trying to break the contract because they realize they WAY underpriced their product, but I cannot be certain that they don't have a legal point in their...
Ahhhh! I was *wondering* what caused the disruption in Apple's stock price today. I remember, back when I was younger, AAPL sometimes went down. I was starting to doubt that I would ever see such a day again...
Actually, it is rather obvious, if you think about it. Have you ever seen anyone on Star Trek working off of a paper document or printing out a report? The future has been plain to see for several decades...
You forgot: it's just a rounding error...
Soooo, the stock is going up? Hadn't noticed...
You're welcome. I don't think it is really a big deal anyway. It is one technical trick some investors use to try to gain an insight, but there are zillions of those and everybody thinks their trick is the best. Personally, I think the best investing strategy was to buy AAPL several years ago and sit on it. It may not sound fancy, but the results are outstanding!
I don't know if an alternate example will help or hurt, but I find the standard car analogy makes it clear in my head: Suppose you were looking at buying a used car and you found two cars to consider, both costing $10,000. However, the person selling Car A still owes $2,000 to the bank that you would also have to pick up (debt) in addition to the $10,000 sale price. On the other hand, Car B has no debt, and in fact is being sold with $2,000 in gold in the glove...
What just happened to the stock? Holy cow!