or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

Did anyone else think she sounded a bit...full of herself here?
Hey, sorry if I missed your point and came on too strong. It's been a long day... I do like your vision: you walk into an Apple Store and your iPhone notifies them that you are there and gives them a summary of your Apple devices and repair history so they can greet you appropriately... I felt like I got some of this when I brought my new iPhone in with a cracked screen last summer. They were not overly enthusiastic about my chances of getting help but when they came...
This would be nice, but I don't think it is too important (and might be a negative for some). Like the guy said, the online sales and in store sales complement each other. For people who know what they want in detail, there is Apple.com. Easy to get exactly what you want. For people who don't know what they want, they can get some hand holding at the store--and too many choices might take away from the comfort of their experience. (I saw an older couple looking to buy a...
Agreed. In addition, Amazon may just define the Non-iPad tablet market. That would suck for Samsung and, if the experience isn't all people hoped it would be, it will set Apple up for iPod like domination of this market (at least for a while longer...). [Conversely, if people find that the Fire does all that they want a tablet to do, Apple will have a very hard time keeping their sales (and margins) where they are now.]
I think you are missing the point--it is not just the annoyance of having multiple remotes (though it is annoying). The real issue is how clunky the remote interface is.Try this: you know a show is on, but you don't know what channel--what is your process for finding that show? (Answer 1: scroll through hundreds of stations. Answer 2: use the DVR's search feature which, at least on my Verizon box, would include 15-30 button presses through a hirerarchal menu and letter...
Odd? Not really. Sure, the tone of the article was a little breathless, but if you bothered to read the words and think about them just a little bit, you wouldn't be so perplexed. Here, read this paragraph again:Now let's think about it. First off, only 85% of Apple stores are showing stock-outs. Second, of those 85% that do show stock-outs, they are reported as "daily" meaning that they start each day with some stock. Finally, "stock-outs" does not mean...
I'm not a big grammar police person, but I do like to understand an article when I read it. To me, saying that someone was "'humble,' fashionably late" in the title and then in the first sentence it says that he "was a humble, if not fashionably late, individual" is confusingly contradictory. Was he fashionably late or not fashionably late? Reading the rest of the article, it discusses that he sometimes requested tables on short notice--but this is neither here nor there...
I don't understand why this upsets you, but I will be nicer about it than others. I agree that it is possible that big players could be manipulating Apple's stock price. So what? They don't affect the fundamentals, so any manipulation will eventually correct. Unless you are swimming with the traders, what Apple's price is from day to day (or even month to month) shouldn't matter to you. In fact, I'll go a step further. If you are certain that the price is being...
That is, humorous.
When all is said and done, I suspect that we might agree more than we disagree. However, for the sake of discussion, I offer two points: I don't think the only way to look at this is as Megacorp VS. Littleguy. People all over lose their jobs nowadays for "mistakes or spur of the moment" rants. I am a teacher and I live with the knowledge that any slip-up could be my job. Facebook and even sites like this are a minefield and I have to be mindful before I post anything....