or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

You didn't ask me, but I do think Apple has to be considered an exceptional case. If Apple were just a tech company with amazing, sustained growth and with great growth potential AND a rock bottom P/E, it would be one thing. But Apple is not just another tech company, it is the largest publicly traded tech company in the world BY FAR. People cannot wrap their heads around Apple because its size and trajectory make it unlike any company that ever existed. Personally, I...
Well, I know nothing about this purchase, but your rush to ridicule is typical of our society these days. Why are you so sure he (or she) is trying to impress you? If they are able to sell them a few years from now for significantly more, are you going to bother to publically admit that you were wrong? Bottom line is we do not know what this person was thinking (investment, personal collector, gift for someone they want to sleep with...) so it doesn't make abut sense to...
I know you are trolling, but I fell bad for any hardware manufacturer that follows you type of advice! Amazon's Kindle is selling like crazy though it will be a while before we know if word of mouth sustains their sales (it won't matter that several tech sites are slamming it if there is consumer demand). HOWEVER, the big question is if Amazon can afford continuing high sales! Remember, they are selling each unit at break even or at a loss. They hope that they can...
On the contrary, I think he is suggesting that HE doesn't know how to use a search engine...
These iPad3 rumors are all lining up... I think we are overdue for some wide-eyed iPad4 rumors!
How dissappointing! I read through specifically to see the complaints about DED only to find out that I got to the party too early...
Yeah. We had a minor family dustup over who did not get notified about a baby's birth. I was one of the ones who did not receive the notification (despite others saying they saw my name on the list). I have to suspect that it is a Comcast or Roadrunner issue... This blows!
I agree that the vast majority of consumers have no concept of the "walled garden" and of those few that do, only a fraction care. But there is a LOT of ignorance out there. In the conversation I referenced above, there were other people talking. One woman announced with authority that with an iPad, you have to pay $30 a month for data, but "with a tablet, you can use wifi." This was taken as fact by the others listening (all college graduates, all over 50). Most of...
I can't believe anyone would say this. Just today at work, a woman said she was buying 4 kindles--one for each kid. She had been planning on getting 2 iPads for her two oldest, but dreaded the fights over sharing with the two younger. I tried to steer her toward the iPad 1s being sold as refurbished, but they are still almost twice as much as a Kindle... When I tried to talk about the qualitative differences her only question was "does the Fire have Angry Birds?"
I used to get the free Nokia every 2 years from my cellular provider. If you told me I would be on my third $300 phone in under 4 years I would never have believed it... (not that I am keen on dropping $5K on a TV, but those Cupertino folk know how to make us do strange things...)