or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

It is my understanding that Apple had a contract with AT&T that guaranteed them exclusivity for a time period. I'm sure they would have loved to jumped to other carriers earlier, but it may not have been an option. Sure, in hindsight, Apple left a door wide open for Android. Of course, Apple thought they would be dealing with Palm, Nokia, Windows Phones and Blackberry as their main competition in the smartphone arena--how were they to expect a full blown competitor to...
I was stuck in an AT&T store for about an hour earlier this week. I saw several interesting things. Yes, it was only an hour, but I saw about 8 phones purchased and all but one were iPhones. The most interesting thing, though, was when someone brought in a Samsung phone. She was unhappy with it for some reason, but it turns out that she bought it (when out of town visiting grandparents) at an AT&T authorized reseller--not a corporate AT&T store. They couldn't do the...
Remember when this kind of article was the big news (and sometimes all we had) on AI? Nanometers, MHz, and Intel roadmaps... Then came articles about the iPhone and, for a while, there were complaints--"I'm tired of articles about iPhones--what about real computers?" LOL, here we are and no one has anything to say...
Don't forget how "society-at-large" looked at cell phone users 20 years ago...
You didn't ask me, but I do think Apple has to be considered an exceptional case. If Apple were just a tech company with amazing, sustained growth and with great growth potential AND a rock bottom P/E, it would be one thing. But Apple is not just another tech company, it is the largest publicly traded tech company in the world BY FAR. People cannot wrap their heads around Apple because its size and trajectory make it unlike any company that ever existed. Personally, I...
Well, I know nothing about this purchase, but your rush to ridicule is typical of our society these days. Why are you so sure he (or she) is trying to impress you? If they are able to sell them a few years from now for significantly more, are you going to bother to publically admit that you were wrong? Bottom line is we do not know what this person was thinking (investment, personal collector, gift for someone they want to sleep with...) so it doesn't make abut sense to...
I know you are trolling, but I fell bad for any hardware manufacturer that follows you type of advice! Amazon's Kindle is selling like crazy though it will be a while before we know if word of mouth sustains their sales (it won't matter that several tech sites are slamming it if there is consumer demand). HOWEVER, the big question is if Amazon can afford continuing high sales! Remember, they are selling each unit at break even or at a loss. They hope that they can...
On the contrary, I think he is suggesting that HE doesn't know how to use a search engine...
These iPad3 rumors are all lining up... I think we are overdue for some wide-eyed iPad4 rumors!
How dissappointing! I read through specifically to see the complaints about DED only to find out that I got to the party too early...