or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

I was tending in that direction.But maybe the difference between April and June (plus sapphire) is worth something...
Ha! I have the opposite problem. I ordered two late in the day (one SS and one Sport) thinking it would leave me weeks to decide—and prepare the wife. Problem is, my SS is sitting at 4-6 so apparently it could come as early as Friday!I'm not ready to decide!!!
"He's wearing it wrong!"
I think you are quite wrong.I remember very specifically that celebrities were profiled about their iPod use when they were first coming out. Apple was having iPods placed in "swag-bags" given to celebs at events such as the Oscars and the Grammys. I don't know for sure that Apple gifted those for free, but I would be very surprised if that was not the case.Again, I don't have any documentation, but I remember celebrity placement was a key strategy with the creation of...
Does that make it worse? Seems like people's problem with this is its "unfairness" (whatever that means). Maybe instead of seeing it as Apple gifting celebrities seeing it as simply Apple hiring celebrities for publicity would calm the hysteria...
Calling celebrity gifting discrimination is as moronic as calling discrimination because Apple only hires extremely competent engineers instead of random people.If one discriminates based on who is best suited/most qualified for a job, that is fine.If one discriminates based on race, religion, gender, age or any other non-relevant factor that is not fine.If one cannot see the difference between the two, one should refrain from displaying their ignorance in public...
Not at all. You are projecting the ideas of "better" and "equality" into this.I think the key idea, rather, is "visibility."Apple could give out 200 watches to the posters of this forum and it wouldn't be noticed by nearly as many people around the world as if they gave one to some celebrity. That is just a fact--there is no value judgement implied.As others have mentioned, apple is positioning the watch as a fashion accessory--this is a first for them. Therefore people...
I know that some company wanted to use some Tom Waits songs in their advertisements and he said "no." So they hired some folks to write some original songs like his and a singer to sing in a gravelly, broken voice like his. Waits sued and won, IIRC, because their was substantial similarity and the intent to imitate his art was clear. I don't know the details of this situation, but if they can find an Apple exec. saying they wanted "something like" this guy's stuff he...
People complain about the pricing, but I think Apple nailed it. I can see dropping $350 for one. I've worked it into my budget already. But then I start thinking...for a few bucks more, I could get sapphire and steel... The low end was low enough to get my wallet ready and the mid tier slowly becomes conceivable (even though I originally thought there was no way I would cross $500 for one).
Does this mean I can't order mine online?