or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

The Watch will be available on April 24th. Hundreds of thousands of people will get it then, if not millions. It will not be available to EVERYONE who wants one, but when is that ever the case with big Apple launches?
I know some people are excited and disappointed right now. But why not wait a week or two to see how it all shakes out? I'm sure there will be scads of forum members who, three days ago, were thinking they wouldn't touch their watch for another month--and complaining about a monumentally botched launch--who will end up with their watch tomorrow (or sometime in April). I cancelled my SS order that was a candidate to be bumped up and am still sitting on my June Sport 42. ...
I get it. I was just funnin' you.However, an imperfect "synthetic" test does make some sense IMHO. If you want a sense of its long term durability, you have few choices. You can wait till they have been out for a year or two and make a "natural" observation of wear and damage or you can try to simulate the accumulated year's worth of scratches and bumps in a short time.Obviously, only an idiot will take sandpaper to their watch. But I know mine will hit my keys, the window...
What do you care? You can take a power drill to yours every morning and buff with steel wool every night...(I still can't decide which order to cancel, Sport or SS)
Once the order changes from "processing" to "preparing for shipment" you can throw out the projected shipping range.Apple has a history of under promising and over delivering on initial roll outs.
I was tending in that direction.But maybe the difference between April and June (plus sapphire) is worth something...
Ha! I have the opposite problem. I ordered two late in the day (one SS and one Sport) thinking it would leave me weeks to decide—and prepare the wife. Problem is, my SS is sitting at 4-6 so apparently it could come as early as Friday!I'm not ready to decide!!!
"He's wearing it wrong!"
I think you are quite wrong.I remember very specifically that celebrities were profiled about their iPod use when they were first coming out. Apple was having iPods placed in "swag-bags" given to celebs at events such as the Oscars and the Grammys. I don't know for sure that Apple gifted those for free, but I would be very surprised if that was not the case.Again, I don't have any documentation, but I remember celebrity placement was a key strategy with the creation of...
Does that make it worse? Seems like people's problem with this is its "unfairness" (whatever that means). Maybe instead of seeing it as Apple gifting celebrities seeing it as simply Apple hiring celebrities for publicity would calm the hysteria...