or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

I can't say that I am very well versed on this case (or the legal points in question) but this sounded like a reasonable argument from Motorola. It seems impressive that Apple's lawyers are going to get a peek at the Google side of things from this. This is why I am always very careful before I spend over $12 billion on anything...
Uggg. I hope that was unintentional...
This guy only has 2 posts total on AI, but he nailed it. Could have saved 250 comments if everyone just payed attention to what he wrote...
No names, but his location was close enough to narrow it down to about 500,000 people. Then his area of expertise matched as did his general tone. My name isn't really as anonymous as I first thought it would be, so I am pretty sure he figured me out at the same party. Neither of us said anything to each other, though. The etiquette concerning outing someone's supposed anonymous online persona is a grey area...Yeah. I didn't actually get one. Money is tight and I am...
I was at a party at a coworker's house a few years back and spent some time talking to this guy about technology. On the way home I said to my wife "I think I know that guy from the Internets." Sure enough, turns out, he was a regular here on AI. It is strange interacting with people we will never see but it is also strange to have your anonymity evaporate unexpectedly... Back to the topic sort of: I remember my first impression being: "Holy cow! Only $500? They will...
Well, it seems to me that Zither doesn't believe it either, he is just trying to stir the pot. However, I will answer your question as best as I can. Many (most?) of the Verizon iPhone buyers were already Verizon customers so they were never accustomed to having voice and data at the same time. They have no cause for complaint. OTOH, people who did switch to Verizon did so with the full knowledge of that limitation--it's not like it was a secret. They would have known...
Just about every time you agree to anything with a corporation or bank these days, you also agree to settle all disputes with arbitration. It is a situation that works against the consumer in almost every case...
I don't know why everyone concedes this point. Out of a relatively small sample at my workplace, I know several people who bought Kindles when they wanted iPads. They would not have bought a PlayBook or an Android tablet or even a Nook at any price. Had there not been the Fire, they would have gotten iPads. I cannot imagine that their numbers are insignificant outside of my workplace. I'm not saying Apple has to match their prices or (God forbid) sell at a loss, but I...
What? I don't know why anyone would say this unless they added "if they have to accept razor thin margins" at the end. Apple would *love* to own that market if they could make a decent product (if we are talking iPad 2 then that is a given) and if they can make a decent profit at it (of course, this is the question). My thinking is that they would be willing to accept a thinner profit margin on an entry level tablet for two reasons: 1) The upsell factor. Many people...
Yeah, I think of this often. I remember researching a report on chip fabrication back in the day, and many books (LOL--books as sources of information on cutting edge technology--remember that?) held up the 100 nm limit as a theoretical limit. Several sources doubted that even getting close to 100 was technologically feasible even if it was theoretically possible. It does boggle the mind how fast the impossible becomes possible these days! (So where is my FTL drive??)