or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

Calling celebrity gifting discrimination is as moronic as calling discrimination because Apple only hires extremely competent engineers instead of random people.If one discriminates based on who is best suited/most qualified for a job, that is fine.If one discriminates based on race, religion, gender, age or any other non-relevant factor that is not fine.If one cannot see the difference between the two, one should refrain from displaying their ignorance in public...
Not at all. You are projecting the ideas of "better" and "equality" into this.I think the key idea, rather, is "visibility."Apple could give out 200 watches to the posters of this forum and it wouldn't be noticed by nearly as many people around the world as if they gave one to some celebrity. That is just a fact--there is no value judgement implied.As others have mentioned, apple is positioning the watch as a fashion accessory--this is a first for them. Therefore people...
I know that some company wanted to use some Tom Waits songs in their advertisements and he said "no." So they hired some folks to write some original songs like his and a singer to sing in a gravelly, broken voice like his. Waits sued and won, IIRC, because their was substantial similarity and the intent to imitate his art was clear. I don't know the details of this situation, but if they can find an Apple exec. saying they wanted "something like" this guy's stuff he...
People complain about the pricing, but I think Apple nailed it. I can see dropping $350 for one. I've worked it into my budget already. But then I start thinking...for a few bucks more, I could get sapphire and steel... The low end was low enough to get my wallet ready and the mid tier slowly becomes conceivable (even though I originally thought there was no way I would cross $500 for one).
Does this mean I can't order mine online?
My kids love messing with their grandparent's iDevices--setting Siri to an Austrailian accent, changing the nickname to something silly and the like.Once, at a family gathering I could sense the older generation was a little perturbed and I told him to set it so Siri called his grandmother "Judy" instead of "Fishface." "Siri, call me 'Judy'" he said and Siri thought it was Jimmy. He proceeded to try again and again with Siri missing the name more comically each time (in...
I think upgrade cycles are a huge issue. With my iPhone I want one every 2 or three years--the carrier subsidy model virtually insures that I upgrade regularly. With my MacBook Pro, it starts feeling long in the tooth after a few years. Working with video and photos feels like it starts to drag--especially when you know there are faster lappys out there... My iPad, on the other hand, is running fine. It's fat and large compared to the Airs. The screen is a little cracked...
That was my first thought too. But then I read the article..."Electrically switchable mirrors are therefore key to Apple's proposed design. These components are capable of transitioning between reflective and transmissive modes when an electric current is applied, allowing for highly adjustable light manipulation without moving parts."
I don't think the point of this is to attract non users. I think it is to retain users (see, if you drop Facebook, you would have forgotten about this touching/witty/awesome post that got 127 likes) and to cut the legs from under TimeHop (as mentioned in the article).I hate to say it, but this isn't about you...
I guess I wasn't clear.I'm sure Apple doesn't want to send out stickers to the general public to post on establishments that support ApplePay because: think of the headache when yahoos post stickers on non supporting stores. I am quite sure there would be more confusion created than cleared up by this solution.17, hate Apple, and bored? Put some Apple Pay stickers around town--on a mom-n-pop shop that doesn't take credit cards; on a public toilet; on a BestBuy door. LOLZ!!