or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

Interesting. I would have thought that having the "free" 3GS would help their numbers some...
Sure. Sounds good. Except, Apple is already doing that. And they still added $35 billion to their pile... I don't think some reasonable stock buy back (if share prices ever fall again) or dividend disbursement precludes them from also following your advice... Besides, whether you think it is fair or not, Apple's cash pile will become a political football if it grows like this for another year or two...
Not too bad...
The key words in your comment are "when you earned it." Estate taxes are not taxing the person who "earned" the money at all. Growing up in a well to do household gives one many advantages, at some point, people should have to earn some of their own money instead of ghoulishly living off the bones of their parents or grandparents...BTW, there is an exemption for spouses...
I know! I'm paying AT&T $5 extra a month to keep unlimited data on the assumption that I may need it in the future--knowing full well that when I need it, they will surely take it away...
I have to agree--this longevity concept is not new to Apple, though it may be new to mobile handsets... My PowerBook 160 was upgrading to the latest OS for 6-7 years and worked fine for years after. I may not have spent as much on Apple products but it helped me sell 5-10 Macs to others even in Apple's dark days...
Wait! Apple is working on a new iPad? Why didn't anyone tell us!!
I just now realized that by buying an Apple ][c I helped Sculley fire (sort-of) Jobs. I had been saving for and dreaming of owning an Apple for so long, I didn't even consider a Mac. Besides Macs had that silly "mouse" and hid the power of the computer behind a constraining "graphical user interface". I had the same limited view of a fast moving technological field at 16 as that talented sugar water salesman...
OK. On not sure what we disagree about, though. Of course the iPhone isn't pie in the sky now--it is here. 5 years ago, however, I'm sure rational people in the industry would have told you that the iP4S's current specs would be a) impossible in a small form factor with decent battery life or b) pointlessly over speced (why would a phone need the screen resolution and graphics power of a laptop?) I'm not sure what this has to do with how many "mg" the LTE network in...
Sorry, I can't let this stand. The iPhone itself, with it's insane screen, processing and graphics power and connectivity would have been considered "pie in the sky" vision stuff 5 years ago. Things are moving so fast and developers are finding ways to use whatever can be offered them. Hiro may not have the specifics (though they look interesting to me) but I have no doubt that power will be used--and fast...