or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

This is the only post from you that I remember:Commitment issues? You seem to be burning through the forums...
...But wasn't there someone here last year saying that these would be widely available and price competitive by now? I seem to remember an interminable battle over this between somebody and Mel. Maybe next year...
I am curious--How many people expect the June 3G iPhone to have full GPS capabilities? For me, it would make a difference: I would find a way to pay for an iPhone + GPS and I wouldn't feel guilty about breaking the budget.* But is it really coming?*Maybe I will count on my 1GHz TiBook to last another year... (Oh the horror!)
I agree. If they start introducing cheeper models, they have to keep at least one "flagship" model that blows away everything else in terms of appearance and price (and hopefully performance). It is the Apple way.
It staggers the mind. If Apple could release 2 new iPhone models in two months (the Nano and the Pro?) without people catching on before now--that would be amazing considering how much interest and speculation there is. It would be quite a coup. But, like another poster mentioned, it might annoy developers--they should know if there is going to be screen shrinkage before it happens... Also, it seems strange that they would transition away from plastics on all of their...
Well, I doubt it is as simple as you sarcastically offer--there is probably more to this kind of deal than we ever see. Apple might only put in an order for the Chinese manufacturer (Foxconn Electronics) for X million but tell them that they anticipate Y million over the course of 12 months. The manufacturer has to know what size facility to procure, how much material to gather and how many employees to hire. When the manufacturer bids out the contract, they need to...
Thanks, I needed that...
Actually, this is an easy one. As you mentioned, Apple has kept its prices very stable accross their laptop lines. Suppose we talk about a $2K MBP and assume that at sometime in the past that computer had a (for example only) 20% profit margin. What did Apple do to the price when Intel lowered the chip costs? Nothing. And when RAM prices declined? Nothing. After 6 months, that 20% margin may have increased to 30% as componant prices have decreased. Now I'm sure...
Actually, this would be rather cool. All the major analysts could be graded on 2-4* key factors of their predictions and compile it every quarter. For all the people who complain everytime an analyst's report is cited it might be nice to be able to reference that analyst's "grade." I wish I had time to look into this... * Earnings per Share, Revenues, Gross Margin, # of Macs sold...
I agree completely. I was talking in general about pricing trends, not specifically about the Air. If it is a runaway success, however, you can be sure that all the manufacturers will have thin aluminum computers out there and they will be beating each other over the head with deals, coupons and discounts while Apple stays above the fray...