or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

Lets not go crazy now. I wonder what your definition for "long out" is? Think about how long it will take to develop a world class OS that will be able to compete with Vista... But seriously, these things take years and I am sure that many of the programers are still working on the 10.5.X releases to get all the bugs and flaws out. Regardless, if you rush to talk about all the things you are *going* to have in the next OS you give the "competition" a heads up. At the...
I would see a lot of value in that! I wonder how they would price--I can't imagine an hour of The Sopranos costing the same as a half hour comedy from ABC...
More good publicity for Apple. They may not have iPhones to sell for 2 months, but their computers can catch thieves. Seems Back to My Mac works for some people! story here. Bummer it had to be someone who came to their party--glad they caught the bastards!
Philly has had parts that were a mess forever. 30 years ago I was growing up in West Philly--there was a halfway house on the corner. I first got mugged at 4 while riding a Big Wheel around my block. I remember getting driven home in a police bus from elementary school once when things were particulaly hairy. At the time that the police were outraged and the public was seething. My point is that there were people back then who would not have ventured into my...
Not to be ignorant, but is there any reason they can't release the 2.0 software early too? Promise June, Deliver May--That in itself might make news for a computer company (I mean a tech company)...
You yankee imperialist!
¡Qué bueno!
I thought that for a while too, but it seems to be not that simple. Of course, we are going to have to pay for it sometime, but it isn't just coming out of our 2008 tax returns. Who knows how they will make up for the billions it will cost. But it doesn't make sense to worry about that when budgeting this cash--there is a lot of our debt that is hanging over us and this will be just another part of it...
600 for me 600 for my wife 300 for the kid ---- $1500 I got mine the day before I posted, so I guess it was May2. Direct deposit. I filed my 2007 return rather early, so that may have helpedthat is where mine is now... We shall see for how long! iPhone...MBP...AAPL so many things to buy!
Exactly! And the people who say "well, they hackers would find a way around this!" I say, Sure. Of course. The point of this scheme would be to stop or slow large scale cloning not to stop the hobbiest or hacker. It would give Apple an angle to either profit from the large scale cloner's use of their R&D, or sue them to oblivion for not paying for full licenses