or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

Am I the only one who is worried about this? I know it is possible to keep good buzz going in the face of shortages (see the Wii) but I'm worried that the good buzz of a massive multi-continent turnout could sour if waiting lists mount. Also, what if Apple builds massive stockpiles before July 11 to meet demand and it turns out there is a touch screen/battery/chip issue? Before the fix goes into production, there would be potentially millions that need warentee repair......
Or maybe he owns AAPL and he is counting on making a bunch more from Apple than he pays to at&t...
Come on, mbene, stand up for your opinions. Mel is gruff and opinionated (and relentless), but if you think you are right try to convince him/us. That is part of what makes this interesting. If you think your argument doesn't stand up, bow out gracefully--there is no point in getting huffy...
Why? What does the movie industry have to loose by providing the content? On the contrary, I think they would have a lot to loose by not providing the content. I don't think that the movie industry is very excited about selling movies online (I think they were happy with theaters and DVDs) but the world doesn't stand still, as much as they would like it to. If a whole generation comes to expect to be able to move movies to all their devices (TVs, computers, iPods and...
THAT was funny...
Interest is one thing. I am waiting to see sales. And whether Apple can keep up with the pent up initial demand as well as predicting and supplying the proper build rate after. The July 11 date is worldwide, isn't it? That is going to be a headache!
I think Apple will sell 17 iPhones in the next quarter.
I was wondering when you bought back in. I saw you said you were going to sell pre-event. Sounds like it worked out well for you. I promised myself when I bought that I would take a long position. I'm afraid if I start buying and selling I will either drive myself crazy or get greedy and take a beating. But if I knew I could make money by being stupid... I would be set!
I understand point one and two are in conflict. But they also work in concert: If they just came out with 3G and didn't substantially increase the batteries ability, then 3G would not be of interest to me. Therefore they had to do both--which aparently they have. Furthermore, I don't have any real world experience with EDGE vs. 3G on an iPhone (who does?) so I dont know if it would be worth it. The increase in EDGE battery life looks substantial enough to make me feel...
Yeah, Mobile video chat would be cool for a few minutes, I guess, but it doesn't factor into my buying decision in the least...