or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

I am with you. I hate rebates as well. I remember hearing that either NY or NJ was considering legislation that would mandate that the retailer do all the paperwork for the rebating (including the mailing), so the buyer doesn't have to jump through idiotic hoops. That would be cool if it works...
I believe that the thinking is that they want to eliminate the HDD from the mobile units. I don't know how fast they can do it--when SSDs will be cost effective for classic like storage. I have no doubt that in a few years, SSDs will have increased in capacity and decreased in cost to the point that this works, but I find it hard to believe that the Classic will be gone in less than a year...
Actually, it doesn't help Apple all that much in the short term. Unless your mother buys tons of songs from iTunes. Or would have bought a Zune. Or buys several accessories... But it can help a great deal in the long term if she loves the iPod and is involved in future computer buying decisions (directly or indirectly) and lets that warm halo influence her.
If the rebate had included the iPhone, I would have been all over it--budget be damned. I dunno, though. A touch would be cool, but I already have an iPod and I don't think I am going to carry around a phone and a touch all the time... Oh well!
Cause sometimes the one you have is better than the one they want to give away? Why crud up the environment for something extra that you don't need? Just because its free doesn't mean that it doesnt have a cost...
Is it just me, or does anyone else count four?
To anyone who has never opened a store (much less a store in another country) the concepts of barriers to entry (a countries regulatory hurdles, supply chain issues, staffing issues, language issues) might seems trivial. To a company who is making it's name as a premium brand, getting these things right is paramount. It appears that Apple would rather roll out the stores in a very controlled way rather than risk mucking it up and sullying their name. Of course, I want...
This is much more useful advice... But I still like my solution!
Have one of your grandkids "buy" it for you.
1. These usually go into September. (The real downfall to waiting is that you end up really close to the holiday iPod refresh so your new iPod is not the latest and greatest before you even get the rebate back...) 2. I am with you there! I need a new laptop, but I think I am going to want an iPhone (I really want true GPS). Don't know if I would be able to swing both. My guess is no, though. I think they would have said iPhone if they were going to include it... One...