or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

F r e n z y approaching...
I was thinking of reposting the picture again just for ya yas, but it would just be a letdown after this!
Yeah, except that it is hard to get people to shell out $99 for "everything is a little better." Most people think that is what the point releases are for. Eye-candy and new features are what people (in general) pay for...
Thanks Solipsism and Winterspan. That is an informative chart! I was always able to get the gyst of things reading the articles as I have over the past few months, but this helps put it all together!
I have to disagree. Seeing as that your waist and bum are essentially rounded, and therefore your pockets are rounded, a rounded object is going to fit better. If you square it off, it is the sharp edges that are going to bind with the sides of the pocket, not the center. If the edges are tapered, even if the center is a tad wider, it will fit better in the pocket. Think about what a well used wallet looks like. When you buy it it is squareish. But the constant...
Oh, then I am way off. I thought the iPod Classic still used HDDs. When the poster I responded to postulated a new replacement for the Classic that included an HDD, I gave my response with my own prediction. But if Apple already eliminated the HDD from the entire iPod line...
Of course. Rebates are based in deception and that is why I don't like them.
I am with you. I hate rebates as well. I remember hearing that either NY or NJ was considering legislation that would mandate that the retailer do all the paperwork for the rebating (including the mailing), so the buyer doesn't have to jump through idiotic hoops. That would be cool if it works...
I believe that the thinking is that they want to eliminate the HDD from the mobile units. I don't know how fast they can do it--when SSDs will be cost effective for classic like storage. I have no doubt that in a few years, SSDs will have increased in capacity and decreased in cost to the point that this works, but I find it hard to believe that the Classic will be gone in less than a year...
Actually, it doesn't help Apple all that much in the short term. Unless your mother buys tons of songs from iTunes. Or would have bought a Zune. Or buys several accessories... But it can help a great deal in the long term if she loves the iPod and is involved in future computer buying decisions (directly or indirectly) and lets that warm halo influence her.