or Connect

Posts by Bageljoey

This sounds about right to me. I hate activation fees anyway (it should be included in the price if it is not an extra service) but if they can't activate it for a day then it seems ridiculous to still charge you. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who must be on the cutting edge and then complain when they get nicked, but this remedy sounds acceptable to me.
I have always though that " Look before you leap. " and " He who hesitates is lost. " fit well with these...
I agree. It is impossible to believe that Apple didn't realize they would have this volume of people accessing iTunes this morning. Having the iPhone version 1 update officially go live at the same time is unconscionable.* Granted, there is a bit of hindsight here, but really--they seem to have been asking for this black eye. *OK, unconscionable is probably the wrong word. How about idiotic? lame brained? Ballmeresque?
OK, this is pretty cool! This helps sell iPods and makes Apple look good at the same time! It sort of indicates, if you dont have an iPhone, at least you must have an iPod--making other phone/MP3 players look useless... I wonder if people are taking it up?
As I read it, that article is only telling you how to transfer information from your old iPhone to the new 3G one. I assume that you would have had to activate it in the store to be able to properly follow the advice in that article. I hope I am right! You have waited 5 years after reging to ask this one question--I would hate to muck it up with a wrong answer...
Hey, irony in the wild. Someone call Alanis Morisette!
Out of 4 posts, three have been about people touching your phone before you buy it. This is really bugging you, isn't it? My recommendation: Wait until after the frenzy of the first few days (weeks?) and bring some Purelle hand sanitizer to the store to share with the rep. Surely after things have died down, you will be able to convince them to let you unbox it yourself... Of course, you know that there are people in the factories in China who are touching every HW item...
You are missing the point! And your arrogant indignation is getting tiresome...Camping out for an iPhone has as much to do with iPhone lust as spending a week in the mountains fishing has to do with loving to eat fish. There are much easier and cheeper ways to get fish. But the thousands of people who spend their entire vacation fishing are not stupid--they enjoy the process. I am quite certain that those people in line are there to enjoy the process. Sure, they want...
This doesn't directly relate to the quote above, but I have been thinking about it throughout the thread. I remember being in an English language classroom in a university in Mexico and seeing what was left on the board. It was a list illustrating "in," "at," and "on" in English. The list went something like this: on the bus at school in the class on the phone at lunch in the cafeteria I never really thought about how mind-bending those subtle differences might be for...
Rather sketchy logic here... 1) Right now we are talking about a line of 10 people in a country of several hundred million. "a great deal of the US population?" 2) What about the article made you think about basements? 3) Herd behavior? When a tiny minority do something that apparently many people will ridicule? Actually, the herd behavior on this board is to mock them (that would include you--Mooo) 4) This point may me the most logical of your post, but it seems to...