or Connect

Posts by cincytee

take the reins, as in steer the horse. Don't be a homophone-ophobe.
 Gee, I thought that was called OS X?  In other words, "What you want to do, Apple, is stop selling those more profitable machines and concentrate more on cheaper, lower-margin devices. Trust me, it'll be great." [sigh]
As we see every day, morals and business don't necessarily have anything to do with each other. Outsiders should keep their idea of corporate morals to themselves. Apple has its own guiding principles (more moral than most endeavors, it seems); they seem to be working just fine.
Apparently now confirmed to be shipments: http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/19/5121212/samsung-galaxy-gear-smartwatch-sales-figures 
All Gannett (USAT's parent) reporters and photographers last year were given iPhones or iPads running iOS 6 as part of the company's push into digital content. I'd bet many are experiencing a major smartphone OS upgrade for the first time and will feel disproportionately affected by any glitches, especially with any of the company-blessed video and photo apps.
> ... seeks a method to remove automatically downloaded iOS update files %u2014 specifically the new iOS 7 binary %u2014 and $50 in renumeration.... I suspect he wants $50 in remuneration (unless he just wants his binary file scrambled a little).
"The kind of person who wants to use a bad telephone does not exist." Well that pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?
  Odd. That's a pretty big segment of iOS users, isn't it?
I'm all for supporting the latest OS with the latest software; that's why it's there -- to take advantage of. I have to protest, though, developers who first require the latest OS ... and then actually disable their previous versions. They may think they're just encouraging people to upgrade, but those whose hardware cannot run the apps are left in the cold. Those owners understand they can't be included in upgrades for a long period, but don't brick old devices!
  Since when is more clear and more simple less sophisticated? The essence of Apple's genius is making complicated hardware (and software concepts) clear and simple to users. That is an incredibly elegant and sophisticated accomplishment.