or Connect

Posts by cincytee

Umm, there kind of are already cellular-enabled iPod touches. We call them iPhones.
 There was a time when it was pretty touch-and-go, you'll recall.
Feel they need to? More than actually do. For example, I'm writing (and surfing -- thank you, TenFourFox) on a 1.33GHz G4 PowerBook. (Last manufactured in January 2005, for the record.) I don't deal much with video, which would be unacceptable on this, of course, but Office and CS3 work fine, and MacTubes renders tolerably for the little YouTube I bother with. Hearing of people complaining they "make do" with their 3-year-old MacBook makes me chuckle.
 Exactly.
Between this and Google's evisceration of Motorola Mobility, what a sad end to a proud company that for 50 years was the embodiment of American technological prowess. Their 25-year death spiral was painful to witness.
Red shirts in China mean something rather different from red shirts on Star Trek ("He's dead, Jim!").
Interesting that you can now pay for the late 19th century's highest tech service with the early 21st century's.
 I've never understood why anyone would publish anything to the entire planet and not bother to read over it to make sure it says what was intended. (Just took 7 seconds to check the previous sentence. It's just not that burdensome.)
 Hurricanes?
 Mountain and ocean vistas I'll have to concede, but the rest are covered, actually, in a dozen inland cities. That they don't know that kind of speaks to my point.