or Connect

Posts by cincytee

I also don't believe earlier versions of iOS are such a small percentage. Girlfriend's iPod Touch (2nd gen) can't upgrade past v4.0, but it's still perfectly useful. I'm sad it can't be upgraded any further, but not angry at Apple. It's old enough that I understand suporting it would be prohibitive.   What I find truly unacceptable is app developers who disable their earlier versions when they release new apps which require iOS 5 or higher. We've had more than a few...
  Umm, how about stop thinking that the world will stop if you don't have the bleeding edge version loaded for a few days. A once-a-week check is plenty, and, for most people, even checking once a month would be sufficient.  
I still question why this machine needs six Thunderbolt ports. Since devices can be daisy-chained, one would think attaching a single rack or cabinet would much better match the Apple design aesthetic than a tangle of cables out the back.
  No, but I suggest you may be. I see the valley of the slowest AT&T iPhone quarter this year being higher than the peak of the year before's -- a huge leap which shows tremendous growth. The trend line among the seasonal peaks and among the seasonal lows show continued growth, while the Android data show no cyclical swings and no sign of growth. Get a clue.
  Well, if one of Apple's rivals offers a product in the iPad's genre for sale, it's de facto an iPad competitor. That doesn't assure it any success, though, as many have found out the hard way.
A campaign this coordinated is not the result of a cabal of corrupt officials who are miffed that they didn't get their cut. For all we know, some high-ranking officials may have asked Mr. Cook for a consideration a while ago which he declined to give. Perhaps this is to bolster the negotiating positions of Chinese telecoms in iPhone negotiations. Apple could even be the pawn in a quiet, back-room disagreement between China and the U.S. They simply aren't telling the...
  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day (unless it's a 24-hour clock, of course).
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007    Why? Incentives to do what? Not sell their shares? You'd think running an insanely profitable company would do that.     Why? Because you want it to be? Not up to you. If you're not satisfied with a stock's gains, the standard protocol, as I recall, is to sell it.       Do they not? Say you and what forensic accountants? You sound like a poor person who says the affluent don't "need" their money and should share some.     "Throw us a...
Mr. Einhorn:     Thank you for your interest in furthering my "shareholder value" by attempting to extort Apple Inc. to issue preferred shares to you, your cronies and your clients. Please be informed that I view the value of my shares in Apple to be derived from the continued good performance of management, which I believe to be reflected in the company's earning more money than it knows what to do with. I shall not be voting my shares in favor of any proposal...
  All in favor of the petition, but can someone say skewed view of society? I have travelled internationally, as have many of my friends and relatives, but I would wager a mathematical majority of my acquaintances have not. Of those who have, it is a rare occasion. This isn't a reason to tout unlocking phone hardware: basic fairness and use of one's own property are.   All this may sound petty, but the argument will not resonate with many millions of Americans when they...