or Connect

Posts by cincytee

Palm said it expects its sales to be between $285 million and $310 million, well below its previous forecast of $1.6 billion to $1.8 billion. I think this confuses quarterly and annual numbers. According to the N.Y. Times, "Palm forecast revenue of $300 million to $320 million, including deferred revenue, for its fiscal third quarter, which ends this month. That was well below the average analyst estimate of $424.7 million, according to Thomson...
The reason news content has been free is that it was subsidized by print or broadcast operations, and those aren't cutting the mustard any more. So guess what: It's time to start paying for information that costs money to collect, report, edit, and package. On the other hand, expecting readers to pay the same as print delivery when there are no newsprint, trucking, or associated personnel costs involved is ridiculous.
The quick one-liner: Of course he's not impressed; it doesn't run Windows. More seriously: Gates's not being impressed is indicative of the DNA of Microsoft's mindset. They're very serious about computing up in Redmond, which has led them to create products -- a few of them pretty good -- for "serious" computing. (Well, and gaming, though people are even more serious about that.) The result has been a flat-footed inability to predict, let alone respond to, the computing...
How 'bout for my Lombard PowerBook (even with its G4 upgrade)?...
Hard to tell: Spending and putting at risk hundreds of billions of public dollars to prop up companies which, thanks their managements' poor choices, would otherwise have failed is hardly capitalism. Sounds more like 1970s Communist Eastern Europe. How did those policies work out for them?
1) Simple errors: It's Margaret, not Margret Thatcher; the possessive is "its", not "it's" (a contraction of "It is"); the plural of "fee" is "fees", not "fee's"; and the blood-sucking creature is a leech, not a leach. 2) Errors in logic: Margaret Thatcher is quite right. That is why the CTA is to be lauded for assembling a deal that simultaneously furthers its goals while affording companies opportunities they feel are worth their investment. Instead of simply sucking...
"It's" is a contraction for "it is"; "its" is a possessive pronoun like "his" and "hers."
Not only do some still have them, but, thanks to digital TV, their recording quality for routine recording is far better than ever before. And it will continue to be the best choice so long as DVRs carry the baggage of ongoing fees.
Except, of course, that Microsoft *wants* and *licenses* manufacturers to install its OS in hardware because it doesn't make any itself. Apple does the opposite. It is not comparable.
Oh, I dunno. I've had some McDonald's I was afraid would last for seven years!