or Connect

Posts by cincytee

Indeed.
OK, Flypod, maybe. It at least *sounds* like iPod. However, unless they're marketing the stand as the PODD-ium instead of POE-dium, no way. Even if they were, a podium is a stand, and that's what they make. Guess we'll have to wait for the iDais instead....
Hey, iMac, you look great. That Jonny Ive stylin' is untouchable! And those iApps? No one can touch you. You are da *bomb*!(Perhaps you mean complement?)
The problem is that media outlets have cut so many jobs that there aren't enough professional journalists to do all the reporting required for solid stories. They are forced to run with what they can get by deadline, which is usually from the best-produced press release. If you want diligent reporting, it takes time and resources, which "news" consumers are ever more reluctant to allow.
Yes, I believe they do, because the revenue is in the bank from Day 1. The two-year spread is merely a legal requirement for reporting the revenue.
I know it's a Quixotic battle, but I owe it to my mother, the English teacher: The possessive is "its", not it's".
Whether or not that's technically legal, I don't have a problem with your doing that with your personal machines. (The down side, of course, is that you have no right to complain if that software doesn't run right on hardware for which it isn't designed.) For me, crossing the line is deciding to enter into a for-profit business with such activities. That changes your status from iconoclast to competitor, and no company should be compelled to allow its own products to be...
I choose... D: Microsoft feels the heat and starts making a comeback with Windows 7, but Mac OS X growth continues, resulting in a 12% market share 5 years from now, 15-17% market share 10 years from now.
This move makes bottom-line business sense. As a newspaper editor for several years (mostly for the business pages), though, I would have reminded Apple's execs that they could not buy the kind of world-wide advertising -- through either raw brand exposure or positive coverage -- that they routinely got for *free* through a MacWorld Expo keynote. I'm not sure that their own events can match the focus or sense of festive happening Expo offered. To me, it seemed a worthwhile...
It's a Catch-22 for Microsoft: As Apple threatens its Windows profits, the profits from Office:Mac grow ... and become more important. I think it may already be too late for Mr. Ballmer to take that kind of drastic retaliation.