or Connect

Posts by cincytee

The Post's circulation in metro New York is about half a million a day. I believe it slightly trails the Daily News, but it far outsells the Times in the city. In my time there, I found the Post's tone to be shrill and its story selection to lean to the sensational, but the actual content of its reporting was relatively solid. They're not going to tell you much about the elections in Egypt and Congo, but they will tell you a fair amount about NYC-based news -- like unusual...
Yeah, I want Apple to jump on the dividend bandwagon. Just look what it's done for Microsoft....
The 4S wasn't released in the third calendar quarter. While they might mention 4S sales out of pride and in the context of a fourth quarter forecast, it had no bearing on 3Q results.
> "The person is in a position where they..." > "Another person said that upon setting up their iOS device,..." I know all the kids do it now (because it's more important to be PC than right), but "they" and "their" are not singular. Really. I suppose "He are" will be the next step to illiteracy. If one wishes that earnestly not to be trapped using a "he" or "she," one should write around it.
No, the report is that Leopard has a 1.17% total desktop market share, i.e. still larger than Lion's 1.03%. It means around a fifth of Mac users are running Leopard and more than half are running Snow Leopard. Only about a sixth so far use Lion.
It would be OK if he handed over the "reins," too.
Well, not really. RiM's share dropped by 17 percentage points. Its share dropped by nearly 61 percent. The distinction, like accuracy in general, is important.Without the 2010 figure, one cannot say, but I'm guessing the same problem afflicts this paragraph.
OK, all well and good, but, if I get a new Mac this year (and this seems to be a good year for it), it'll replace an oft-upgraded machine maxed out on Jaguar. I have many vintage computing friends, too, who would appreciate help at least back through Tiger.
People don't know what "cloud computing" means because the marketing weasels at too many companies don't know what they're hawking, or, even worse, the companies themselves don't really have a grasp of what services they're trying to sell. They know only that the "Cloud" is the next Big Thing, and they're convinced they need to be in it.
Yeah, I was simultaneously excited about the project and rolling my eyes at the council's star-struck reaction. Looks like a great plan -- the 80% landscaping is pretty impressive for a site that will hold so many workers -- but there are legitimate questions for a government to ask of any project of that scope. I don't see that happening so long as those council members are giddy because they're in the same room as Steve-O. (Being giddy is fine, I suppose, so long as one...