or Connect

Posts by cincytee

No, the report is that Leopard has a 1.17% total desktop market share, i.e. still larger than Lion's 1.03%. It means around a fifth of Mac users are running Leopard and more than half are running Snow Leopard. Only about a sixth so far use Lion.
It would be OK if he handed over the "reins," too.
Well, not really. RiM's share dropped by 17 percentage points. Its share dropped by nearly 61 percent. The distinction, like accuracy in general, is important.Without the 2010 figure, one cannot say, but I'm guessing the same problem afflicts this paragraph.
OK, all well and good, but, if I get a new Mac this year (and this seems to be a good year for it), it'll replace an oft-upgraded machine maxed out on Jaguar. I have many vintage computing friends, too, who would appreciate help at least back through Tiger.
People don't know what "cloud computing" means because the marketing weasels at too many companies don't know what they're hawking, or, even worse, the companies themselves don't really have a grasp of what services they're trying to sell. They know only that the "Cloud" is the next Big Thing, and they're convinced they need to be in it.
Yeah, I was simultaneously excited about the project and rolling my eyes at the council's star-struck reaction. Looks like a great plan -- the 80% landscaping is pretty impressive for a site that will hold so many workers -- but there are legitimate questions for a government to ask of any project of that scope. I don't see that happening so long as those council members are giddy because they're in the same room as Steve-O. (Being giddy is fine, I suppose, so long as one...
Convenience. Consumers have always been asked to pay more for any service they can be convinced is a greater convenience. Banks charge for the convenience of ATM access (and some now charge for teller access [!]), and customers shrug and pay. This will be no different.
Sounds to me as though iTunes Match *is* streaming. It doesn't say it copies all that data to your other devices, just that those tracks are available on them. In other words, you're likely paying $25 a year to stream your ripped music across all devices at top iTunes quality. Only items they don't have at the iTunes Store get copied. Not a great deal, then, but not terrible, either.
Is FileMaker no longer an Apple stepchild? Thought Apple owned them, or at least a large percentage of them. Did I miss a spinoff?
He'd say that because he'd spell it aluminium, which apparently is how Americans preferred to spell it until about 1900, when aluminum finally began to win out.