or Connect

Posts by Taylorman

Uninstalling Flash hasn't helped with Youtube. I remember I've used Clicktoflash before. I searched for this issue on Youtube's support site and someone from Youtube said to Get Info on Safari and turn on open in 32 bit. I did- and it still didn't work. I don't know if I'm still having the RAM problems- since it can take up to an hour for it to happen before I have to restart Safari. I"m reluctant to use the secret method until I understand what Web Preview actually...
I couldn't find out where to turn web previews off- any guidance? I don't know if I have Flash installed- how do I find out?
Ever since I upgraded to Lion- I have had a terrible time with Safari suddenly hogging ALL my system RAM (I have a 4 gb laptop) to the point where nothing works- and I have to quit safari and then restart it. I also am unable to watch about 99% of the Youtube videos I come across- whether they are embedded in a site- or directly from youtube. I have neither of these problems under Chrome or FIrefox. I have reported these every time they occur to Apple- but so far none...
I love that Apple may come up with something like this one day. I know that there is at least one other company that sells "video glasses" through Sharper Image- and those airline magazines- that also runs off a video iPod. I"m assuming the big difference here is that Apple's version would be less bulky (and probably much better looking). Does anyone know anything about patents- and could explain a little more what exactly is being protected in what Apple is...
Sigh. No one ever said you couldn't do it. The point being made is that Apple does not OFFICIALLY support this functionality. Call Apple Support and ask them for help in making it work- you won't get any. Why is this an issue for those of you that are using this unsupported functionality? Apple could come out with an update in the future disabling this functionality and you will no longer be able to wirelessly back up your Mac through Time Machine using an AEBS and USB...
Many of us did- and then Appleinsider (who I have the beef with- not Apple) pretended like it WAS a supported feature- and then went on for DAYS reporting a series of articles that compared this feature with TIme Capsule. Annoying to say the least.
Rather than take on trying to psychically fathom Apple's intent- or rationale- write them a letter telling them what you think. (Not that it will make any difference- short of class action lawsuits- they typically don't respond to customer complaints very well) What annoys me more is the slipshod reporting on this "feature set" by Appleinsider. I do expect more from them - and have let them know.
As I have posted twice before- in two other Appleinsider threads reviewing TIme Capsule and Time Machine over an AEBS using a USB disk-the latter was not EVER officially supported by Apple- and if Appleinsider had done some simple homework- a lot of people would have been saved the frustration of thinking that it was. I wrote to Appleinsider directly about this- and I suppose this is there response. Thanks.
I just sent this to AppleInsider feedback and hope to hear back from them soon: In your recent article on Time Capsule you wrote: "Time Capsule Wrap Up Home users who want the elegance and simplicity of a wireless network will appreciate the easy to configure and use nature of Time Capsule. Thanks to the firmware update adding Time Machine support, users with a 2007 AirPort Extreme likely won't feel the need to upgrade to Time Capsule, particularly if they already have...
I just spent over an hour today on hold with 3 different levels of Apple Care Technical support trying to get help in setting Time Machine up to backup to my 1TB LaCie BIg Drive connected to my AEBS. I updated the base station firm ware to 7.3.1. After being told by the first two levels of support people that Apple did not support this type of wireless back up- I insisted they did (based on what I had read in Appleinsider) and asked to speak to a higher level support...