or Connect

Posts by jasonfj

I called AppleCare, but they blamed everything except the Mac. I work in video graphics, so have a lot of extra stuff on the machine. It's impossible for me to spend any time working without the various boards/drives/drivers installed. As it's happening less often now, I'll just put up with it until the 970's out. And I spoke to a guy at the genius bar in Apple's SoHo store. He suggested tightening the fan's screws.
Looks like I'm the unlucky one here then. I got a dual 1.42 in March and for the first week had around 3 kernal panics a day until I wiped the disk and clean installed the OS. Now I reguarly have apps unexpectedly quit on me, perpetually spinning beach balls that I need to force quit the app from, and sometimes complete freezes that require a hard restart with the power button. And the fan rattles.
I have a showreel on DVD That I'm trying to re-edit in FCP, the original tapes and files of which are almost impossible to track down. How can I extract the material into a quicktime format that I can get into a FCP timeline? I've tried forty-two (which I can't seem to make an editable file from) and OSEx 0.0110a1 which keeps quitting on me when I try to save the file destination. Are there any alternatives or updates?
Nope, still chrome.
it's Darth Vader's iPod
but firewire cables have finally become commonplace. Nearly everyone I know has at least one, and if I turn up anywhere I can be pretty certain there'll be a cable I can connect my drive with. So right now I don't have to carry a cable with me.
That Belkin thing is nowhere near as elegant and cool as the iTrip
so you have to buy the cable seperately? Regardless of which, it's just *another* cable to have to carry/remember/lose... So much for simplifying life...
iTrip: http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/
does anyone know if the *just* release iTrip will still fit these?