or Connect

Posts by jasonfj

Dual G4 1.42GHZ OS 10.2.5 Norton 7.0.3 And how do I do a low level zero everything format?
I often get random crashes when rendering from After Effects, and they're complete system freezes, not even allowing me to force quit but needing a hard restart by holding the power key down. I'm using 10.2.5 on a dual 1.42, AE 5.5.1 It specifically seems to happen when I render out using the Animation codec at highest quality. Don't seem to have any trouble with other codecs. What's the best way to do a clean re-install of Quicktime, and is that likely to be...
I've tried 30 time now, and there's no change in the report... I've taken all the files off, so what's the best way to re-format it and start again?
yup.
I have an additional internal Western Digital Caviar 180GB drive installed in my dual 1.42 machine. I've run Norton Disk Doctor on it over and over again and still get the same Major Error notification despite it telling me all problems were fixed each time. This is the report: Check Disk Information A major error was found in the Volume Header Block. The Catalog B-tree clump size is invalid. (6,1,12) The problem was fixed. A major error was found in the...
I'm using 10.2.5 on a dual 1.42 and I'm still seeing the old OS 9 watch and black & white spinning disc cursors more often than the colored ball. Is that normal? And no, I'm not in Classic at the time either.
thanks, I'll give it a go. I'm also having trouble running the Hardware Test CD that came with my machine. Are there any other downloads that will test my RAM and other hardware?
it's to boot up with Norton disc doctor - you can't boot up from the Norton CD on the new Dual 1.42 because it doesn't have OS X on the disc.
What's the minimum files I need to make an emergency boot disc in 10.2.4?
Ive had non-stop trouble with my now 2 week old dual 1.42 machine. I often get unexpected quits with the likes of Explorer, but today the machine has taken a dislike to After Effects and continually quits unexpectedly on certain tasks like positioning an object in 3D, and now every time I quit, it 'unexpectedly quits' first! When runing AE in Classic, it disappears without a trace. The AE 'about' box says 2147483647% of 0k is being used. So a RAM problem? Well I...