or Connect

Posts by jasonfj

thanks, I'll give it a go. I'm also having trouble running the Hardware Test CD that came with my machine. Are there any other downloads that will test my RAM and other hardware?
it's to boot up with Norton disc doctor - you can't boot up from the Norton CD on the new Dual 1.42 because it doesn't have OS X on the disc.
What's the minimum files I need to make an emergency boot disc in 10.2.4?
Ive had non-stop trouble with my now 2 week old dual 1.42 machine. I often get unexpected quits with the likes of Explorer, but today the machine has taken a dislike to After Effects and continually quits unexpectedly on certain tasks like positioning an object in 3D, and now every time I quit, it 'unexpectedly quits' first! When runing AE in Classic, it disappears without a trace. The AE 'about' box says 2147483647% of 0k is being used. So a RAM problem? Well I...
What's a cheap but reliable make of DVD 4x media?
you heard right, Luca - I used my new computer for 3 days as Apple shipped it and had 4 kernal panics, loads of unexpected quits and several complete freezes that couldn't be force quit and had to restart the machine. The clean install seems to have helped, but so far I'm still finding OS X less stable and predictable than good old 9.2 (!)
I'm running 10.2.4, 1.5 gb RAM (original Apple 512mb + 2x512mb from Crucial) on a new dual 1.42. So far, IE 5.2 has quit 3 times, Final Cut Pro 3.0.4 has just quit on me, After Effects 5.5 vanished yesterday... And I've done a clean re-install of the system on a totally clean HD.
I'm having strange problems with the external speakers I have hooked up to my dual 1.42 machine. OS 10.2.4, 1.5gb RAM. Cambiridge Soundworks speakers. I have an Aurora Igniter card with seperate audio outputs which don't seem to be affected. The sound will periodically cut out, and not come back unless I remove and replace the audio jack in the back of the computer. Final Cut Pro seems to interfere especially when iTunes is playing, and After Effects sporadically...
yup, i installed the 3 backbone files as instructed. Is the Terminal message I copied above at least a result of try to extract from the correct file?
When I try the VIDEO_TS.VOB file (the largest on the disc) this is the result in the Terminal: Encoding started on Mon Mar 24 11:25:43 EST 2003 usage: movtoy4m -w width -h height -F a:b -a a:b [-s] [-o ppm/y4m] movie.mov example: movtoy4m -w 352 -h 288 -F 25:1 -a 4:3 pal_normal.mov example: movtoy4m -w 352 -h 240 -F 30000:1001 -a 16:9 ntsc_wide.mov **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Could not read YUV4MPEG2 header: system error (failed read/write)! a52dec-0.7.4 - by Michel...