or Connect

Posts by jasonfj

ok, RAM installed by MacMall - it was a freebie 512mb. I have 2 other internal drives installed, one 120gb and one 180gb, both Western Digital Caviar.
OS 10.2.4, 2x512mb ram
So my new Dual 1.42 arrived after 7 weeks wait. Finally I can retire my old 400mhz G4 and go flying with the new machine. Well, so far nothing but problems... I'm constantly seeing that damn beach ball, when I switch between programs sometimes for 30 seconds before it'll let me back in, and when I start up a program (After Effects takes twice as long to load as on the old 400mhz machine). Sometimes I just get the ball, it won't go away and I have to force...
ok, it doesn't have to be 5mm, but it doesn't have to be 2 inches either... It doesn't seem to pose a problem for other display manufaturers.
I could absolutely do with that resolution, just scale the screen size down a bit. They could start by losing that hefty frame around the LCD, it looks ugly. If they can produce a 5mm border on a powerbook, why not a desktop display?
I've transfered all my Entourage files and settings from OS9 to X, but I can't connect to my Hotmail account. Also, how do I import my Explorer bookmarks into Safari? [ 03-14-2003: Message edited by: jasonfj ]

A few goes later I got it... Copy all FCP files from the Application Support folder and the Preferences from your old OS 9 machine across to the System Folder (Classic) on your new machine, as well as the earlier version of FCP. Then when you update it, all the reference files are there.
I'm having the same problem with the dual 1.42 I just got. I have original v1.2 installer disc and the v3 updater disc which was ok on my old G4. I've tried everything, from a straight copy to installing the first version on a firewire drive with OS 9.2 and plugging that into my new machine, but the updater still won't recognize it. It's driving me nuts.
um, aren't the pictures the wrong way round on the link?
I ordered a new dual 1.42 three weeks ago and I'm trying hard not to expect anything for another month (but desperately hoping it might be sooner...) The guy at macmall said he'd humor me by saying 6 weeks to ship. Ordering a new mac is worse than sending off for something on the back of a cereal packet (when 28 days really was a lifetime away) [Hmmm]