or Connect

Posts by jasonfj

Doesn't mean to say (mp4 ) video isn't in the pipeline. FW2 and better battery life don't seem too much to ask for in the near future...
I'm trying to work out how much a complete 9600/300mhz system is worth, 6PCI slots, 256mb RAM, 4gb HD, internal cd/zip, 2 monitors (apple 17" & sony 15"), laserwriter NT, 18gb external scsi, wacom A5, 1gb jaz, scanner, blackhawk joystick, Quark 3.1, Commotion 1.5 (It might include a Media 100 XS card/software if I decide to get a new card for my G4) All in lovely mint condition. Please tell me it's more than £5.
is there another link, or anyone got any other ideas?
check out Virgin Radio, UK commercial radio station that streams. It does have a few too many ads, but I used to listen to it on FM when I lived in London and it reminds me of home ('Pete & Geoff' 4pm-8pm GMT have the best slot)
ok, I was a click away from buying a dual 1.25 today, but FW2 would make a big difference to me as a heavy video user. If I didn't wait till Jan 2003/4/5, would there be an upgrade option to my machine when it's finally available?
the only practical way to include a tablet on the powerbook is to enhance the trackpad area. For one thing Photoshop users need the keyboard for shortcuts, and hiding the keyboard limits all sorts of other applications. As for entering data, have you sat and 'written' with a stylus for more than 10 seconds? After the novelty wears off it's a pain in the backside, and ultimately slower than a keyboard. However, a drawing surface below the keyboard would be flippin'...
got my T68i a week ago and still working out how to customize it how I like. For one, can you stop the thing going to the annoying (and ugly) 'jumping clock' whenever it's left alone for a minute? Sometimes I just want to glance down and check the signal strength or battery, but to do so I have to press a button and fire it up. very irritating, and SLOW. (BTW got a great deal on the phone - $99 from bestbuy on 23rd St)
but I even find the aqua folders nasty, they look weak and washed out - all that shading, drop shadows and airbrushing everywhere. give me a break. 9 looked solid.
ok, I can see why Apple want a consistant look, and why it can be seen as a branding device. Unfortunately Aqua is a very consumer-looking interface. They should offer one 'pro' option alongside which does away with the childish embelishments. Simple as that.
so just to check, using Conundrumsoft's Duality shouldn't compromise the OS? [Hmmm]