or Connect

Posts by jasonfj

Western Digital 120gb Caviar drive on my G4 400 in addition to the 30gb Maxtor that's already there. Checked that the WD drive is set to slave, but computer locks up about 30 secs into the Drive Setup initialization process. The last time I tried it got an 'initialization failed' alert. Help! [ 06-30-2002: Message edited by: jasonfj ]

so it doesn't matter wat quicktime format you start with? (For instance, a media 100 codec quicktime file.)
Sure, let em know how it works out!
Sure, let em know how it works out!
As most domestic DVD playesr play VCD's, in what format should I burn a quicktime to a cd for it to play in a DVD deck? Is it as simple as just burning an mpeg file (or whatever it is) to the disk? Do I need any specific software to do it? I'm working with After Effects and Media 100 on a G4
and, er, will it say that on the box?
it is a tower - so I can go down to Circuit City and get a drive off the shelf, even though it doesn't have MacOS on the box?
I want to replace my G4's internal CD with a CD-RW (or CD/DVD-R but they seem too expensive right now),and also install another large/fast hard drive to use for video. What should I be looking for? Can I install any IDE drives? [ 06-20-2002: Message edited by: jasonfj ]

I have Toast Platinum - how do I set up a mix cd with it?
I'm looking for something that will let me quickly lay mp3's along a timeline with various length crossfades, then burn it to a cd in audio format with the mixes. I thought the crossfade in iTunes would, but it doesn't lay down the mixes when burning.