or Connect

Posts by jasonfj

I keep getting the alert that Mail is unable to send with the selected server. I use the Mail connection doctor and .mac account and server are logging in ok. This problem is intermittent - there are days I don't have any trouble, and today I have to try about 6 times to send an email. I get the problem at home and at work - both networks were fine yesterday. I've switched from WiFi to Ethernet and the message eventually sent.
I just bought a new MBP from B&H Photo's website. When I inserted a DVD for the first time, I was asked if I wanted to change the Region from 6 to 1. Did B&H sell me a grey import? \
I've just got a new MBP, and an SORELY missing the 'enter' key to the right of the space bar. I work with After Effects and would use it all the time. Having to modify the 'return' key with 'fn' is pretty annoying. Also missing - the numeric modifiers on the letter keys, particularly '0' on 'm'. I can find no shortcut for RAM previewing now. Is there any way to re-map the right 'option' key to 'enter', and 'fn' 'm' to what would be zero on the extended keyboard?
I just got a new MBP and have been transferring files from my old one. However, I keep getting alerts that I don't have sufficient privileges to replace certain files, and I'm having to enter my password lot to alter certain folders. I've repaired permissions several times. I had some issues with my previous machine where my admin account became corrupted and had to be replaced with another account. How can I now update everything on my new machine to allow me...
Thanks, I hadn't checked the export hyperlink option. However, I want to attach the document in an email and have the link clickable from within the email. It still doesn't seem to do that.
I've created an e-flyer in InDesign and want to include a hyperlink to a website. Tried creating a button and new hyperlink but no luck... thanks
Having restarted my computer my log in has vanished. I have a Guest login, which is still available, but my main account doesn't appear at startup. It's grayed out in the Accounts preference pane under 'Groups'. I cannot authenticate to try and repair permissions or verify the drive as the computer won't recognize my username or password. What can I do? MBP 15" 2.4ghz OS 10.5.6
I've recently started receiving blank emails. They have no sender, subject or content. Just a time. I seem to be getting a couple a day. Why would this happen and how can I stop them?
I hardly use it for nights or weekends. And I'm not often left with roll-over minutes.
It sure is better. For $80 on AT&T I get data, 400 mins (incoming and outgoing, so you can basically halve that compared to the UK) and 200 texts. Total rip-off. And since I don't have a land line, I don't 'benefit' from cheaper local calls to mobiles.