or Connect

Posts by jasonfj

My assessment is that it hasn't made a blind bit of difference to anything. Ridiculously simple apps such as Clock still take 2-3 seconds to open, leaving me gawping at the screen like an idiot just to see what the time is in Dubai. Contacts is still unresponsive for a good couple of seconds (I don't have a big database) and Weather loads about as fast as it would on an Macintosh Classic. Can ANYONE tell me why these BASIC apps should be SO SLOW opening? ...
My 16GB 3G is just as laggy as ever. Re-orientation of the screen in Safari still happens a second after turning the screen. Why must it take nearly 3 seconds to open 'Settings' or the 'Clock' app??? Other apps are just as slow. I might understand if I had a huge amount of data, but don't. I've never owned a device as slow as this for general app navigation. It truly feels almost unusable to me - and that's after using a Sidekick II for 3 years waiting for this to...
I've been working in the industry for 20 years in both the US and UK and in my experience very few design or production companies run PCs. There's an aesthetic that such companies appreciate and value over cost.
I get confused with static IP addresses - What do I need to do?
it's a Belkin 54g. What should I look for?
yep, everything is in order - I signed in with my password, the signal is there and it shows an IP address. Still no data: "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding" on every site I try.
MAC filtering is off, DHCP enabled. I have two TiVo boxes using my wireless as well. It does seem to be something to do with the iPhone.
At home my AT&T signal sucks so I'm relying on my WiFi. I have a full signal (the router is right beside me) but nothing is connecting. No Mail, no Safari, no Weather no data services period. Just the spinning circle before telling me the server isn't responding. I tried restarting. Right now I even have 3 AT&T bars, but no E or 3G. It gets stranger because when I use the neighbors wireless (with a weaker signal) the connection works. My laptop is working fine...
that worked, thanks.
I've already restored it to factory settings, what else can I try?