or Connect

Posts by AugustWest

Does anyone have any good anti-spyware to recommend? I am primarily looking to determine whether or not a computer has already been infected with spyware/malware...the other feature that would be useful would be something that can detect when websites are trying to "snoop" on me when I visit their sites...whenever I look into this for the Mac, I usually get a response that it is not really necessary in OSX. Is that REALLY true, or just an exaggeration? On the PC, I've used...
Help! I have a long SMS Text conversation that I really need print from my iPhone 4. Is there any way for me to do this? I know I can send the actual text by clicking "edit" and then selecting all the messages, and then emailing them somewhere, but when you do that, you lose all the date/time information. I researched prior thread posts and found one from last year that said this wasn't possible, but I find that hard to believe. Help me Obe Wan Kenobe, you're my...
I have the same issue, perhaps even worse. I am an aspiring writer as well as an aspiring photographer -- I currently have a macbook pro 13 that I love, but it's STILL too heavy to carry around every day (I'm such a wuss!) and ironically, I now worry about traveling with the computer that has ALL my information on it! Damn, we consumers are never satisfied I have a folding bluetooth keyboard that I have been experimenting using with my iphone, a device i literally have...
My iphone was knocked out of my hands on...a subway platform! Luckily my reaction time is quick and I'm not one to stand near the edge, so I retrieved the phone with only a bounce on the floor (no case). One can only wonder what would have happened if it were run over by a train, or worse, eaten by one of the gigantic NYC subway rats. I've bounced the phone on concrete once or twice as well, and it's fallen out of a shirt pocket when I leaned forward a few times. The...
Ok - I'm getting iphone 4 either way, since I currently have a 3G that's running out of steam. However, as someone who spends LOTS of time in a big city, I often find myself pressing my phone against my ear like I'm making waffles on my cheek. Is there any improvement in the quality of sound for regular calls (no headset, no speakerphone) from the 3G to the 3GS? What about from the 3GS to the 4? I can't tell from any of the tech specs how to determine this.
That depends...how do you say "hijacked" in Brittish? Just kiddin, no worries from me, and glad to hear you are happy with the new dictionary!
I have the 3g and a dying battery, so clearly "4" is 4 me...however I will also post my somewhat obvious observations: 1. Clearly the "4" seems naked in it's name. Sets up a 4G in 364 days, works on verizon 4g network, timed to hit at expiration of AT&T contract.64 gb storage standard 2. 4GS 1 year later - processor bump, extra goodies, better battery, etc 3. iPhone 5 1 year later...Perhaps with a small vapor emitting port to permit chatting via full size HD 3d...
I love my new MBP 13 but had some general questions regarding the battery. Is it better to charge it, then leave it in "sleep" mode for a few days, then re-charge it? Or is it better to charge it and leave it plugged in and fully charged until ready to use it? If I frequently use it for only an hour at a time, is it better to leave it on battery or keep re-charging even though it is not very low? Also, I've been using an old version of Rosetta Stone which is very...
...transporting your new 13-inch Macbook Pro. I bit the bullet and purchased my MBP today! I found a very technical way to deal with the issue of the lackluster specs on the 13-inch...I'm going to tell myself when I go to bed at night that there is an i5 or i7 chip inside. Hey, let's face it, I'll never know the difference. That said, I'm wondering if anyone has any good advice on a case. My initial thought is that I'd like a VERY SLIM, VERY LIGHT sleeve, as this...
I'm confused about the ipad case situation! When I bought my iphone, I started with a big case that surrounded the phone, then I realized that such a case destroys the sleek design elements Apple worked so hard to implement, so I went with the thinnest plastic case and the thin film on the screen. Then I dropped my phone once or twice. Then I noticed there was a small crack down the middle near the dock connector. So I decided to ditch the case altogether! Now I'm happy...