or Connect

Posts by Haggar

I think even if Steve Jobs himself appeared in some unreleased self biopic, people would be dissatisfied with his own acting, portrayal, on-screen presence or whatever artsy term people are using these days.
 Rumors also claim that the Chinese factories which create the finished display covers were getting only about 20% yield out of the sapphire shipped to them by GTAT.  Is 20% yield considered normal in this industry?  With all the talk about Apple having such high standards, has anyone questioned whether those Chinese factories could do something to improve their yield?
Maybe his statement was sanctioned by Cook, Schiller, et al.?
Is 20% yield by the Chinese sapphire processors considered a high standard?  We blame GTAT for not delivering enough sapphire, but couldn't GTAT also blame the Chinese processors for not being able to process the material correctly?  Oh, but then the Chinese processors would just turn around and claim that the sapphire they received was defective...
All your egg are belong to us
 This is the third time I have seen someone on AI issue legal warnings against "slander" of the GTAT CEO.  It's really amazing because I don't recall ever seeing people acting like Steve Jobs or Tim Cook's personal attorney on this forum.  Are the people issuing these warnings related to or employed by the GTAT CEO in any way?
  Because if GTAT did not sign the agreement, then we would all be trashing them for it regardless of what Apple was asking for.  So GTAT will always look like the bad guy.
     If GTAT tried to counteroffer, or if they simply walked away without signing the deal, then they would surely be scorned by just about every Apple fan on the internet.  Apple will always be viewed as the "good guy" so Apple's terms will always be fair and free of any ulterior motives. "Who needs GTAT?""There are plenty of other suppliers willing to agree to Apple's terms without question", etc. So GTAT would look like the bad guy no matter what.
GTAT could still get blamed though. GTAT: "We gave you the sapphire but the other guys couldn't process it correctly." Other guys:  "You gave us defective sapphire." Question is whether GTAT is responsible for those yield issues.
 I think the appropriate analogy would be Mercedes not putting seatbelts or antitheft systems in their cars because Mercedes owners are better drivers than everyone else, and they only drive in "good" neighborhoods.