or Connect

Posts by Shunnabunich

The thing with Linux in particular, though, is that it has no unifying force behind it, resulting in fragmentation, at every possible level of the OS, between "competing" solutions. There's no ground fertile enough for software that doesn't suck to take root. Anyone with a copy of OS X can develop for OS X, and yet we see a LOT less crap there. The iPhone OS has tons of crap because there's still a gold rush going on there, and recently we've seen Apple finally step in to...
Keyboard options: advanced: Enable developer console Start game `sv_cheats 1 host_timescale 0.3 Voila. Game has slowed down by 70%. Effect is retained across level loads and game saves.
I thought I read somewhere that the PS3 primarily used something similar to OpenGL, i.e. Sony's own bastardized branched-off version of it. Anyway, this is glorious news, and as much as the needle on my BS-O-Meter is ticking upwards at the mention of Apple being co-operative with a game company (beyond throwing a copy of Xcode in their general direction and saying "go nuts"), I'm finding it hard to control this little spark of hope it's lit inside me.
Fixed. Where Ikeea is based, of course! Translation: you're only "grown up" if you bend over and accept whatever scam your friendly neighbourhood telco has chosen to pull over on you this week."Worded" isn't plural.
Unless they see fit to write (or at least license) a custom driver that overrides Apple's atrocious way of handling left/right-clicks, as little as possible, I hope.
As unlikely as that is to happen anytime soon, I've been thinking something like that would satisfy a lot of people. When you think about it, the only four main things most people upgrade over the lifetime of their computer are the RAM, the hard drive, the video card, and maaaaybe the CPU — you could really get away with the first three for almost everyone (and, indeed, the vast majority of PC users are non-tech-savvy people who would sooner just get a whole new machine...
Makes about as much sense.
The joke is that Apple's unsuccessful products (i.e. Apple TV) are called "hobbies" to try and convince people they were supposed to fall short. "Naw man, that's just a hobby. One of these days we'll get our A-team on it and they'll knock it out of the park. We just, uh...don't feel like it today."
Y'know, I haven't really noticed many, if any, titles for iPhone OS spilling back to the Mac for some reason...which is weird, because as you say, the platforms are similar enough that Mac releases of many iPhone games (depending on how touch-centric they are) should be a breeze. I'd much rather play Half-Life 2 on Mac OS X than my iPhone, though. It just wouldn't compare.Yeah, I've seen the keynotes. Only problem is, that's about all I've seen. Apple's enthusiasm for Mac...
Anyway, there's another point I forgot to bring up in my last post. Back when Apple's App Store launched for the iPhone and iPod Touch, there were relatively few software titles available for it. Now that the App Store is an absolute behemoth with hundreds of thousands of apps, other platforms are coming onto the scene and left scratching their heads wondering why their app stores aren't taking off like Apple's did. The problem is, Apple's past success changed everyone's...