or Connect

Posts by keenspoon

So outside of my time capsule backup would like to have an automated backup of all my personal files (music, pictures, video, documents etc.) running to another hard drive.  Ideally I just want it to pull anything with those extensions and drop a copy off on the hard drive.  There are file synch programs - which I believe I can set one way (so the computer is always the master copy) but as my file/folder structure is a bit of a mess would prefer to not go in and...
So getting a computer for teen - at the moment nothing heavy on the usage in terms of programs/processing speed needs.  But am torn between the two.  Like the air for smaller size and flash drive seems more likely to last 5 years than HD on Pro.  And if I do it how important is getting 8gb memory.  Feel like that is a good safety investment for keeping it 5-6 years.   For the Pro it seems a bit sturdier - I can add memory later and optical drive is nice if not...
Thanks for the reply but as I have read three different postings of the issue - two of mentioned it was their third iPhone in a two year period (which it would be for me) so not sure your reply adds anything useful. Anyone with knowledge or experience, not just an opinion or desire to be a comic have an answer?
I had an iphone that went through the wash - obvioulsly now a brick. I went to the ATT site and got a refurbished one (and of course they restarted a 2 year contract - very annoying but I digress). I still have the old iphone and I have heard that rumors that if I somehow lose my current iphone they will look at the original and the second purchase and "lose" as indicators that I am reselling and will not let me purchase a new iphone. True? Should I somehow get ATT...
My only add and only ask with the 3.0 software is battery life .. even if they did what you outline and add a faster processor/wireless connection if it took 1% off the battery life I would bail. When I travel I can barely use it if I won't have charger access. I feel it is an incredible Achilles heel on what is otherwise awesome. I would give up every hardware improvement and some of the form factor thinness for 30% more battery life. Is it only me?
Although I can't get a working phone at that moment (needs to be mailed and then activated) if I can sign up for a regular phone and activate online why not for the iPhone? They can do credit check, charge for the phoen and other items and inputt my old phone data without dealing with an ATT person or spending the time during store hours or my weekend. I mean I really enjoy interfacing with those crack ATT wireless store employees but ... I don't really get it
Look as a pissy little Apple fanboy I realize you take all questions on Apple as some sort of personal affront - so rest assured I won't post on it anymore. But your complete ignorance of financial accounting and your sad little personal attacks are really pathetic. It was a question I threw out and financial statements do operate that way. Some people had constructive and helpful commentary - kind of the idea from a discussion board. You would rather make personal...
It is the principle of it - not sure why everyone is so confused about that. It is not much money for me, it may be nothing - but I figured they would switch it over no problem - just in case. But they didn't. And as long as my computer doesnt have an issue the last week of August at that time this will be water under the bridge. But not sure you guys understand corporate financial statements. Whether you realize it is the same reason airlines started making there miles...
Because it is fraudulent and across 10-15 million computers a year those dollars add up to big money .50 - $1 of coverage "lost" times 10 million - and you have Steve Jobs jet operating costs. Not sure where you live but when I bought a washer and dryer the warranty and the extended started when Lowe's delivered it - not when it left the factory or when I ordered it from Lowes the week before. Same for my tv's, my vcr, dvd and my dell computer. A purchase transaction...
Hey Just bought a brand new iMac, loaded it up a bit and all excited. Then I get the AppleCare sheet starting my three year warranty when the computer was made in China - not when I actually received it. It is only four days but when I called to change it (which costs Apple $5-10 in telecenter costs) they give me the run around and finally a different rep starts a case, tels me to fax information and then call back. This sort of scares me. Am I going to have to...