or Connect

Posts by keenspoon

Because it is fraudulent and across 10-15 million computers a year those dollars add up to big money .50 - $1 of coverage "lost" times 10 million - and you have Steve Jobs jet operating costs. Not sure where you live but when I bought a washer and dryer the warranty and the extended started when Lowe's delivered it - not when it left the factory or when I ordered it from Lowes the week before. Same for my tv's, my vcr, dvd and my dell computer. A purchase transaction...
Hey Just bought a brand new iMac, loaded it up a bit and all excited. Then I get the AppleCare sheet starting my three year warranty when the computer was made in China - not when I actually received it. It is only four days but when I called to change it (which costs Apple $5-10 in telecenter costs) they give me the run around and finally a different rep starts a case, tels me to fax information and then call back. This sort of scares me. Am I going to have to...
College promotion for $200 off ends Sep 16th. I am betting they wait until this is over - not giving money on the new stuff - and clearing out inventory. But I am waiting to buy my iMac until after the Tuesday before- the 11th. b
But they could never appear together in public. Not enough room in any space for their combined egos.
Did search the forum but no direct answers so: 1. If I get an iMac from say an Amazon, so I can't upgrade the memory at purchase they give me two 512 chips. Rather than toss them both can I pull 1 and replace with a 2 GB - so I have 2.5 - or is there some balancing issue? 2. I assume that replacing iMac memory is relatively easy to do? While not generally fussing around in computers I have replaced boards and memory in a Dell and a HD for a Tivo so assuming it...
Will be getting an iMac - was thinking January but if they announce they are going to to launch Leopard in say March a couple of questions. 1. Do they usually have some sort of offer if I buy the old OS to get the new one for free (sort of like Windows Vista right now)? 2. Since I can wait would folks recommend waiting rather than try and upgrade the operating system? I know on Windows I wouldn't even consider it - I'd wait until I could get Vista. thanks
Well the Apple taps out at 2.33 Merom - as I understand it I can get 15-20% from going Conroe and 15-20% by investing in a faster chip (although everyone has a different benchmark claim - and of course it depends on program). And of course the faster chip is not an option unless I go MacPro - though hoping it will be on the next refresh. Of course if the only thing that slows something down is rendering and it is 90 seconds instead of 60 seconds 5-6 times when...
Still feel that I will miss iMac not having a Conroe type chip but since you guys actually do this sure you are right. The idea that I could a meaningful jump in performance (30-50%) just irks me. It also sounds like I should worry about HD and HD content with my next purchase and let 3-4 years of microprocessor development catch up. Good advice about the resell - and I am likely going with the 20" - although the resale option after say 3 years might get me thinking...
Quick question for all you video/tech folks. Time for a new computer. I am just starting to download camcorder video to my PC and expect I will go to a HD camcorder in about a year. I intend to do a bit of editing of family/personal stuff - and burn out DVD's - nothing very taxing. Nothing else I would do needs more power. The issue gets to processors. I have rationalized the iMac and the inability to use the screen after I retire the computer in 3-4 years (it...
Sorry no - 534 million to 463 million - Dell spends less on R&D than Apple. Of course they are dwarfed by HP at 3.5 billion - but most of that is obviosuly not PC based.