or Connect

Posts by samurai1999

Brown was generally regarded as 'psychologically flawed', which would explain a lot....
And the iPhone you are carrying has a CPU that was designed in Britain, and a GPU that was designed in Britain, with industrial design by a Briton, who now wants to return, from the madness of the US, to his motherland!
I think they need to figure it out somehow- if the iPad2 has a 'retina' display, then that's another res- which may be a 2x increase, and therefore easier than a non-2x increase- but even then they're already dealing with 4 different res's.
Yes, indeed. Keeping the SDK problem under control would be important - but, we do seem to be able to manage with a variety of screen res's on our Macs & PCs ... - so, I'm sure they can figure it out....
When are they going to do a 7" iPad, that what I want to know! Sometime soon, I hope!
They should do a 7" iPad though - I think they will once they see how cool all the other 7" devices are....!
Yes, I agree with you- IIRC, the A4 in the iPhone 4 actually has 2x the DRAM of the A4 in the iPad- so, the argument about smaller devices having less computing power, thought true in the general sense, is a bogus argument when refering to the iPad & smaller devices.But SJ always likes producing the 'definitive' product, and letting others produce multiple options for the customer.- so, we still only have one iPhone.(but several MacBooks, MacBook Pros, iMacs)Of course, it...
All this 11.6" iOS 'MBA' talk is a bit off-topic, but I just dropped it in because I thought it was an interesting idea. - and judging by the comments, some people think it's a good idea, and some think it's a non-starter, which is fine by me. Apple is doing a lot of interesting stuff at the moment, and successfully re-defining multiple markets, and I see no harm in speculating what they might do in the future.
I think an iOS MacBook Air (which if one was anally retentive one would want to classify as a non-MacBook) would be more interesting that just a 11.6" version of the current MBA.- because I don't think the current MBA offers a particularly strong proposition to the customer....- it's thin, but way too costly (IMO)- and a 11.6" version is likely to be the same...An 11.6" iOS device, with a keyboard & touchscreen could be much more cost-effective.- not able to run OSX apps,...
Well, the 32GB iPod touch is $299, and the 32GB iPad is $599 (i.e. a 2:1 difference), so a 32GB 7" iPad could slot in somewhere from $399-499... maybe $449.... For the 11.6" iOS MBA, it shouldn't be priced more than $200 above the equiv iPad, I think - so, $799 for the 32GB model might be do-able...