or Connect

Posts by samurai1999

I'm one of the ones who can see the benefits of a 7" iPad-style device - more portable than the iPad - small enough for a large pocket or purse - more usable than the iPod Touch/iPhone - hopefully Apple will push one of these onto the market soonAnother reason for Apple to produce a 7"er is to plug this gap in the market - otherwise the market will be flooded with Android-powered 7" Tablets, which will gain some share because they can differentiate themselves from the 10"...
I agree that Apple doesn't usually like to give their customers too many choices, and prefers to offer just a few well chosen products, so it will be interesting to see what happens.Personally, I can see the benefit of a 7" device, and I quite like the form factor.I think the wieght differences would be quite significant - probably 30% or more.The problem I have with the 3.5" devices such as the iPod Touch & iPhone is that the screen is too small for a lot of uses (basic...
I think the 7" iPad makes perfect senseAt the moment the 10" iPad is a run-away success, but there is a large gap between the 3.5" iPod & iPhone, and the 10" iPad- this allows competitors to jump in here, and offer something a bit different from Apple, treading the middle ground, so to speak.- a competitor to iPad would have a difficult job to be much better at 10" (apart from adding cameras), but at 7" there is a 'gap'So, if Apple plugs this gap with their own 7" device,...
Am I the only one who thought 'ooooohhh' when SJ showed that the outer band of the phone was the Antenna?- my first thought was that at a naive level, it could be problematic- but then when SJ explained how great it was, and how clever Apple were to think of it, I kinda assumed that they had designed out the obvious problem of signal loss when the antenna was touched!Note to self: I guess, my initial naive reaction was correct!\Was anyone else perplexed when Apple started...
Very good point- you have been warned!- no more class action after this dateAnd the 30-day return means that they avoid class-actions from current owners (who've had it for less than 30 days)
So you're saying that the iPhone 4 is like a house with a cracked foundation? - very good simile
That's funny!
Anyone know what the iPod Touch margin was at launch (1st, 2nd, or 3rd gen)? - preferably from iSupply - this would tell us if Apple is charging more than it's usual margin, and therefore whether or not we can expect a price cut....
[QUOTE=PastorOfMuppets;1568256]Yes, I agree!- iPad - so what? MS has had NotePad & WordPad in Windows for years, and people didn't get excited about it- and notepad is a real word for something you write notes on- what about Mouse-pad, for f-sake!- so, all this fuss about iPad sounding like a sanitary-towel does seem a bit purile to me....I think iSlate, or iTablet may have been 'cooler', but iPad works just fine, as it's just a vowel change away from iPod...
The Unreal engine uses the custom UnrealScript language for much of the game control - which is a run-time interpreted language - I wonder how Apple will react to this, given that 3rd party interpreters are specifically banned from the App Store