or Connect

Posts by tomhayes

I hearded that this one guy's Mac blowed up when he trieded to upgrade the computer machine. He had to go buy another one. End verified report.
About 25% of the time when I click a story on the front page to read it in the forum I am filtered by work and I am told that the page links to (or contains a link to): http://webcambait.com/ Any idea why? Do you guys have a web banner or ad to that address?
I'm sure Apple has video of every angle of the store - maybe we can look at it to see what was happening. Coupled with witness testimony it could help us here. And when people say "THUG" and don't preface it with "UNION" - well we know what you really mean.
The business community's INSANE focus on always demanding that PROFIT is up year over year over year is like a Ponzi scheme. Apple is very profitable. Demand for Apple products is still increasing -it's just increasing at a slower rate than it increased last year. This is why you should not look at businessmen as anything other than gamblers and scumbags.
Does that mean 3? Or does it mean 10,000?
Why are you getting a single chip 6 core mac? You can get an 2 chip 8 total core for $3499, which is cheaper AND will likely be the same speed OR faster. Is it because Dell doesn't offer dual chip machines? So you choose the "oddest"custom built config from Apple?? One more thing, CALL APPLE ON THE PHONE and ask for a discount that matches the educational discount. They have given me a discount on my last 4 desktops and I have bought and I didn't pretend to be a...
Cellular device manufacturers and providers certainly have a STANDARD methodology and detailed protocols for testing equipment. No one has yet performed a rigorous test following those industry standards. Now, I realize that these protocols may be corporate secrets, but couldn't someone at least do some original reporting and try to settle this in a less anecdotal way. Consumer Reports is respected (and I am a subscriber) - but the duct tape "suggestion" seems to...
They are deleting the standalone threads that aren't asking for support. They've had a thread since june 23, 2010: http://discussions.apple.com/thread....art=0&tstart=0 It's called: Serious antenna problem! Are you sure they are CENSORING everything?? Is Appleinsider just posting articles based on TUAW articles that just repeat what someone sent to them in an email??
My iPhone 4 has NEVER been dropped and is not kept in my pocket with keys or wallet. I noticed a very small chip/crack on the front today. It's a little hard to see when the phone is one, but it can definitely be felt with your finger. This could be a very isolated incident. Does anyone else have a similar issue? The chip/crack is on the top of the screen to the left. There is some lint and dust also present on the screen. The only chip is the one that I...
I don't trust these "marginal areas" because there is too much flux . How's about a controlled test. Like say inside a giant, shielded room with it's own cell tower and with the proper testing equipment on both the iPhone and cell tower side?? These test are too anecdotal.