or Connect

Posts by tyler82

Looks like I'll be hanging on to my 2008 MacBook for at least a couple more years :/
Good enough is for people who buy PCs and Androids. I want a Mac!
The Koreans are no better- Hyuandai and Samsung spring to mind.
Yeah because functionality including checking Facebook and reading text messages on a 1 inch screen with your wrist up to your nose is totally worth the hundreds of dollars premium (oh, and having to have your iPhone with you at all times to do any of this. Great functionality! [or lack thereof]). That was sarcasm by the way. The Activite is incredibly simple. I don't need to check the weather on my watch when I have to have the phone with me at all times that does the...
You clearly have no taste. Designed in France, made in Switzerland (not a Chinese labor camp by a 9 months pregnant slave), sapphire display, made of steel alloy with calfskin leather wrist strap (also rubber for sporting activities). Water proof up to 50 meters (can't even shower with the iWatch). Super thin. Makes iWatch look thick and clunky by comparison. Don't need your iPhone with you to use it.Oh, and 8. Month. Battery life.
The Activite watch blows the i Watch out of the water, design wise (and has an 8 month battery life). But iWatch does seem to have more functionality (as long as you carry your iPhone with you). Though I don't believe iWatch is water proof, so it can't track your swimming like the Activite. I'll be going with Swiss made this time around.
 I have T-Mobile. I nickname it T-Slobile. Or T-Nobile. Because it is unreliable, slow, and I get No Service a lot of the time.I live in Sacramento and travel to the Bay Area and in both locations (major metro areas) I get spotty service. This could be due to the terrain of SF being very hilly. But a lot of times I see the signal change from LTE to 4G to E just standing there. Mostly it is LTE, but it is still pretty flaky. Also, if you are not in the downtown epicenter,...
This brings me back to the days of CRT monitors. A 15" display was actually a 13" display. A 20" display was a 17" display. OK, so this I get, and this deception is what makes people untrustworthy of business and marketing in general. But, as far as storage, you buy a computer with a 500 GB hard drive, and a percentage of that is taken up by preinstalled software. This has been going on for 30 years. So why is a class action suit *now* being brought up?
^^ Apple's entire product line is made up of nothing but third party components. Their processors, hard drives, video cards, displays, ram, etc. etc. So you are saying that any time there is a problem with an Apple hardware product, it should never be Apple's responsibility because they don't make the components themselves?   Yes, technology isn't perfect. And Apple will therefore never be perfect. But owning up to mistakes and taking measures to prevent them in the...
I think it's time for Apple to split into two companies- a mobile company and a computer company. Apple isn't giving as much attention and thought to the Mac anymore. This shows in making OS X more like iOS (blah!) instead of making iOS more like OS X. I don't need full screen Messages, Contacts, etc. apps for my 27" Cinema Display. In fact many full screen apps on my Mac are over 50% blank space. So silly. And iTunes?? It's a total mess!! What used to be one of the...