or Connect

Posts by tyler82

As a Californian I can not help but feel emotions of dichotomy: it saddens me to see such a large disconnect between our public schools systems as some of the lowest rated in the country (and falling more every year- including the UC system) and the private entities like Apple that are advancing society through innovation and commitment to education. Will our public school systems be able to utilize such awesome technologies when public education is lower than prisons on...
Horrible.
What are the odds of MetroPCS ever coming to the iPhone? I only pay $37 a month for unlimited minutes and texts. Right now for work I use an iPod touch, a digital camera, and my Kyocera cell phone, but with an iPhone, I would be able to have all of those devices in one device. I am waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out before making a decision. If they do not come out for MetroPCS then I guess I will have to choose between the available carriers, none of which stand out to me.
It's clunky, it's ugly, it's old fashioned, it's outdated, it's cheap looking. It's Sony.
ANY cell phone provider in the city is horrible. You can literally walk 2" in a different direction and lose all your service. I've seen this with Metro, ATT, and Verizon. It's the topography and lack of cell phone towers (and also the substandard service provided to Americans compared to European and Asian markets) to blame. Although I'm not a huge fan of cell phones anyway.
I do think that modern day Apple users are insatiable and materialistic to the point of ridiculousness. It makes me when I read users posting that they sold their iPhone 4 so they can upgrade to an iPhone 4S. Seriously? Are you that dissatisfied with your life? I believe that it is the newer bandwagon Apple users that are like this, though. The old school fellas like myself tend to be loyal and stick with our Macs like we do with our underwear- until it is absolutely...
Mr. Jobs, or shall I call you, Steve, since I feel like you have been a close friend through most of my life. I remember waking up early with anticipation as a teenager to watch the Apple presentations at the MacWorld expos twice a year. Each presentation was a performance of creative genius and passion. The products that Apple creates have soul, vitality, and practicality. The world needs more passionate geniuses. I will miss you and forever remember you!
An Angelino critiquing architecture and urban planning.
I agree with you 100%, and I have used Apple products since 1992. They should not be able to get away with this and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
My honest reactions after 1 day of full use: iCal- selecting a specific calendar and trying to create an event with it doesn't work. You have to create the event, which defaults to the first set calendar, and open up the event and change the calendar type that way. I really miss the calendar month and year grid that was on the lower left corner of old iCal- now to go to a future date you have to click the arrows continuously until you get to the month and year you need-...