or Connect

Posts by Phone-UI-Guy

All the stories about this Apple connection miss an important fact... This location is not just for Autonomous Vehicle testing, it is also for Connected Vehicle testing. It seems to me any car with CarPlay is knocking on the door as a CV. It makes more sense for Apple to be connecting your car than to build it. They may well build one, but they are already working on connecting them. I would fully expect them to build a non-AV car first too. Add the AV to the platform...
This isn't all the APIs and Frameworks that make iOS and Mac OSX great. This is just the language. So you cannot just run an iOS game on Linux. You could program a game for Linux in Swift.
It sounds like my sudo change to require a password every time may help block part of this.
 I agree with the general sentiment, but this is an analyst that is actually doing their job. Looking at these forward commitments is at least related to what Apple expects. 
 Looks like they mean to use it as "off-balance sheet", but with the space between balance and sheet it does look incorrect.  
 If Cook said the numbers, they would just argue it was channel fill. ;) 
I am well aware of what is in the specifications. List up the card issuers in the U.S. that are going to issue Chip and PIN cards to people here. You make it sound like they are just choosing to default to signature and PIN is somehow an option. I understand it is a valid option, but it will not be used here.What this means is that the card terminal requirements are substantially different. We will not be seeing the wireless terminals brought to your table in restaurants....
McRight's father must be a class action lawyer who is creating a class.
 Take it a step further... 15,000,000 x $349 (cheapest model) = $5,235,000,000 Most companies would wet themselves for achieving greater than $5 Billion in revenue for a new product line in 6 months...
All the talk in this story and thread about the US moving to Chip and PIN is wrong. The US is moving to Chip and Sign. Why in the hell we cannot just go to Chip and PIN baffles me. Anyway, all that is going to do for us is prove that the card was in the terminal at the time of purchase. It leaves out the critical part with the PIN to prove you are authorized to actually use the card. I have a Chip and PIN card from living overseas and I really liked them bringing the...